• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns have food envy?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks :wave:

Makes me laugh when I give Lola and Lucy their scran. They both have exactly the same in their bowls but spend most of food time inspecting what the other bun has got. They often take pieces of food out of each others mouths.

:lol:

I thinnk its a Northern Liverpool thing? Scran = food - any kind of food - like Wheres me scran" wheres me food? Like"nosh" but you cant say that now without it being rude!:lol:

EVERY time I give Tinks and Rudy carrot I give them both a piece, equal in size. Tinks looks unimpressed and Rudy snatches his piece and runs round frantically trying to find somewhere safe to eat it. By this time Tinks thinks it must be something good so runs after him and steals his piece off him:roll:.

He has now got in the habit of coming back to me where he finds the other piece of carrot and gets stuck in. This happens every time, except just sometimes he's brave enough to try and get the food back off her, but rarely succeeds for long.

I really need a video camera :love::love:

:lol: My boys are exactly the same. Even if there is food in their bowl they prefer to snatch it from each others mouths. Makes it laugh.

Scout and Fiver have a shared bowl with wo compartments, each of which has exactly the same food put into it at veggie time. Both snatch either a piece of carrot or cabbage from the others bowl and run to opposite ends of the hutch with it.

Lex & Mack will take food off each other if they don't eat fast enough. :roll:

Honey and Wesley are partitioned off Wesley takes longer to eat than Honey I give her her food in her bowl first but she has to go and see what Wesley's got before she can eat it. :roll:

My two now eat from one big bowl now because of that very thing, my Loloa (totally wears the trousers) was taking food out of Sooty's mouth....little minx :lol:

Mine share but as spice eats as quickly as a snail Ozzy tends to get more (he is alot larger so i suppose he needs more hehe). But due to his recent half a kilo weight gain he gets some forced cuddling while Spice eats and i hand feed him his.

When i say eat he gets 4 pellets (his new reduced diet amount from about 10 haha) and Spice gets about 8 haha :p

There food is almost out so i may not buy more... then there really gonna hate me!! hehe:lol:

edit - i just remembered im not entirely mean!! they do have adlib hay/grass and lots of veggies hehe

EVERY time I give Tinks and Rudy carrot I give them both a piece, equal in size. Tinks looks unimpressed and Rudy snatches his piece and runs round frantically trying to find somewhere safe to eat it. By this time Tinks thinks it must be something good so runs after him and steals his piece off him:roll:.

He has now got in the habit of coming back to me where he finds the other piece of carrot and gets stuck in. This happens every time, except just sometimes he's brave enough to try and get the food back off her, but rarely succeeds for long.

I really need a video camera :love::love:
hmmm,yes this is what my husband and i call the'carrot relay':lol:eek:urs do it all the time,very funny to watch!

For supper they get a mini Shredded Wheat each - Lola takes hers and sits on the potty eating it! Might have to get her a copy of the Daily Star to read as well!

Yep!

Woe betide Rambaldi if he gets to the bowl first, Huppie does not like it one little bit!

The food the other one has is always nicer than their own :lol:

Emma

Back