• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny mums with special needs buns - can somone move this i meant to put it in rab ch

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
I need some advice on Pan. She has had some problems with her back legs, i posted about a week ish ago (maybe longer about it) the vets found a lump and removed that and a peritonitis (????) but she had recovered from that without us knowing. Anyway she has now got severe weakness in her back legs. I was very worried last week and the start of this that she just wasn't going to get better and she was very distressed and i was thinking i would have to have her PTS. However! She has really rallied in this last couple of days and isn't anywhere near as stressed. She is on daily metacam and is much improved. She can't move very well and sort of semi drags her right hind leg. We can not find any explanation for this, the vets thought it could have been pain as the cause and certainly the metacam has helped. A stroke is the other possibility. What i need to know is was the hell do i do for her? I've never had a disable bun before. her and her partner Arthur are currently in the shed in a hutch 6ftx2ft i wasn't giving them much space because Pan was so unwell. Now i do have a combo in the shed which i could block the hutch off and give them the run, Eva and Ron have this set up as do Tara and Sooty. The floor is concrete and obv i would put shavings down, what else would you do HELP!

Is there any way you can bring them inside Phil? It sounds as though she could really do with being inside so that she can't hurt herself, can't get flystrike and can be watched carefully :love:

Is there any way you can bring them inside Phil? It sounds as though she could really do with being inside so that she can't hurt herself, can't get flystrike and can be watched carefully :love:

People really distress her Jay or i would have her straight in. The only human she will have anything to do with is my sister. The shed is warm and dry and the run is 6ft x4ft and on the flat. I did think about carpet rems or some mats?

ETA: she also doens't like Sam the dog and he can access every room in the house

Back