• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Need Advice......Fudge has eaten a bit of a plant!!!!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
My mum let Fudge downstairs today and she didnt move her plant :shock:

Fudge had a nibble of one and it wasnt alot just a little bit! Its a dragon plant, would it do her any harm or are they poisonous?

Im in a panic now :(

Last edited:
If it's dracaena I beleive it is not considered poisonous but your vet can phone the poisons information service to check :)

If it's dracaena I beleive it is not considered poisonous but your vet can phone the poisons information service to check :)

Yes it is a dracaena?
Ive just searched the forum and theres a post saying it causes bloat :shock:
That bunny had 2 half leafs and Fudge has had not even a big nibble its about 1mm wide and 2cm long piece!

Oh no im worried :( She is fine in herself! Will keep an eye on her and if she looks unwell she will go to emergency vet!

Anyone else know if this plant is poisonous and if a nibble will harm her?

Last edited:
If a bun eats large amounts of ANYTHING they're not used to it can cause problems but several websites i'v looked at say Dracaena is not poisonous and she only had a nibble anyway so i'm sure she'll be fine. Just keep a eye on her a bit because it's not something she's used to :)

I just wanted to add to not feel too horrible about the whole thing. Sometimes you think things through as best as you can, but something happens anyways. Now you've learned to remind your mom about moving plants when she lets bunny downstairs. I doubt you'll forget next time =)

One time, I thought it would be ok to have a lit candle on the floor next to me while hanging out with my rabbit. I figured at worst, he would come over to sniff the candle, realize it was hot, and back away. I was completely right, except I didn't think it all the way through. He slowly approached the candle, smelled it, realized it was getting warm, and turned away; except when he turned, his whiskers went straight through the flame. :shock: Poor Eddison...

I would assume that poison would've shown up by now, as most poisons work pretty quickly in such tiny bodies. Definitely keep an eye out, but I think bunny will be just fine. :)

Back