• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets changed to Lapinjet

raine

Warren Veteran
took TJ for his VHD this morning. My vets had decided to change the practice to Lapinjet after I had mentioned problems with Cyclap. I was so pleased. Although it comes in a bottle for five vaccines which have to be used within 24 hours, it still works out the same price as Cyclap for the practice.

Although my vets are not particularly rabbit savvy, they sent Daisy to Bristol Vet Hospital when they felt it was beyond their expertise. I much prefer a vet who will listen if you raise something. I have always found my vet is not dismissive and really wants to do the best for my buns.

That's good :)

I wonder if I could get mine to switch since I have four rabbits all to be done at the same time :D

took TJ for his VHD this morning. My vets had decided to change the practice to Lapinjet after I had mentioned problems with Cyclap. I was so pleased. Although it comes in a bottle for five vaccines which have to be used within 24 hours, it still works out the same price as Cyclap for the practice.

Although my vets are not particularly rabbit savvy, they sent Daisy to Bristol Vet Hospital when they felt it was beyond their expertise. I much prefer a vet who will listen if you raise something. I have always found my vet is not dismissive and really wants to do the best for my buns.

Thats really good to hear. So far none of my Buns have had any side effects to Lapinject at all. Where-as with Cylap I have had Buns develope the post Vaccination limp and some have been really off colour for 48 hours.

Vets who are willing to listen and refer on are so much better than those who think they know it all and that their clients are completely stupid !!

My vets said my buns could have Lapinject next time as they had a reaction to Cylap I just have to phone in advance so they can order it in!

I can't understand why anyone is still using Cylap, unless a particular bun has had a reaction to lapinject but I haven't come across any yet. It's expensive, reactions are not uncommon and and it takes longer to give full protection. Has anyone had post-vaccinations to lapinject yet?

Back