• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Need to do it again soon (it seems to come round too quick!). I know that some of you use the liquid form.

I was thinking about using this so they can get the exact amount, as when I use the paste I tend to use to much as I can't see the graduations on the syringe with a struggling bun in my arms! :shock:

So what dosage and strength do I need to use and where can I get it on line?

at moment there seems a lot of controversy on whether you should or shouldnt pannacur rabbits seems varyious vets have said they are worried that the study done(which was only on 16 rabbits at the time) doesnt prove protection and could be we are doing it too often... i have treid to compromise with my buns and i do an annual 9day course of liqud pannacur for dogs and cats 10% stuff off vet uk and i give 0.2mls per kg of bunny. i mix it in hipp baby food and they lap it up(the red berry and apple compote) the reason i do it is because i bring home variosu bunnys adn worry this is a high risk time. im not so sure anymore when oyu should or shouldnt pannacur except when they have been with an infected bun.... im sure someone else will be bale to advise more specifically. x

Need to do it again soon (it seems to come round too quick!). I know that some of you use the liquid form.

I was thinking about using this so they can get the exact amount, as when I use the paste I tend to use to much as I can't see the graduations on the syringe with a struggling bun in my arms! :shock:

So what dosage and strength do I need to use and where can I get it on line?

If it was a 9 day 'top-up' course you needed to do it has been pretty much written off as being of any benefit at all.

When using the liquid it's the 10% oral solution at 0.2ml per kg per day.

If it was a 9 day 'top-up' course you needed to do it has been pretty much written off as being of any benefit at all.

When using the liquid it's the 10% oral solution at 0.2ml per kg per day.

so me doing them every 6 months for 9 days is pointless? how often & how long should I be doing then?

My vets recommended it. I asked if i should worm them now they go outside and she was like yes worm them but not because they go outside now just because they need to be wormed! hehe :D (this was the quedgeley/glo vets you use katie :D)

:):?I also enquired about this matter on another site and with the vets and both said that although panicurring is under debate it IS still advisable to use it for the 9 day period for worming. Therefoe [i hope i don't get slated for this :oops::oops:] i am continuing panicuring every 4months for 9 days at a time as i don't want them to get worms. :? I think it is presently now to personal preference. If you are panicuring to protect against worms then i would carry on other then for worms i couldn't comment. But i have been doing this for the past year and so far so good.... no worms

i've just finished fidget on her first course. Was advised on here to give it for 28 days as opposed to 9 for the first time round.

I have just got a new bun though who has been wormed before so should i give him the 9 day course or leave it? I'm confuddled too :?

the next question is when are wormers going to be developed like horse wormers so theres a few diff ones so that they bugs dont build up immunity to the same wormer over and over again :D

Back