• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorry, but I need some more vibes.

We have a Rabbit at work called Duke who was left outside in a box, we noticed he was lame so took him to the vet and it turns out he had a broken pelvis. Well that was 5 weeks ago and although hes been thoroughly miserable due to being confined to a guinea pig cage, he was well on the mend. However Wednesday evening I noticed he was in stasis and having trouble breathing, i decided that he should go to the vets immediately and he was taken in as an emergency. I spoke to the vet yesterday and hes on a fluid drip and is being nebulised, he needs an xray to see whats going on, but they don't want to do that until he's stronger.
Please get better Duke, you have been through so much already.

Thanks for all the vibes. But sadley Duke went to sleep this afternoon.:cry: They managed to xray him and he had a pyrothorax (?) so the vet and I decided it would be kinder to let him go:cry::cry:.

It's very nice to take care of Duke for this past 5 weeks, obviously somewhat he got injured and that person doesn't know how to take care of him. You give him 5 weeks of tender loving care, you should be proud.

Rest in Peace Duke.

Back