• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny friend joins my 6 month lop

Maria786

Warren Scout
She is really tiny -adopted a little girl who is a lionhead crossed with netherland dwarf. My rabbit isn't neutured yet, but tried to hump the poor baby as soon as I got home with her. And is making these very faint grunting noises which I never heard from him before and runs around her cage pooping everywhere. I am afraid he might squash her, so I have put her in his old hutch because he lives outside now in a new bigger hutch.

My question is, just trivia really, do baby bunnies who are about 9 weeks old get pregnant at that age? :shock:

And don't be shocked I won't be putting them together until a few months down the line, he is getting neutured on Monday infact, but I will still keep him seperate from her another month after that. Am I doing it right? Or shall I give this bunny back to the adoption ppl and get a bigger lop or another breed the same age? She seems so tiny, I don't think she'll grow that big either being a nethy/lionhead mix. What do you think?

Last edited:
I think they become fertile at arouns 10-11 weeks.
Keep boy bunny away for at least 6-8 weeks to make sure he is no longer fertile as they can retail sperm for AGES!!!
Buns of any size should be ok together, provided the bonding is properly supervised and they get on personality wise. Be aware though that he could hurt her by accident purely due to the size difference.
Good luck!
x

Back