• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice plz on my baby bunnys...

beckz

Young Bun
my baby rabbits are nearly 3 weeks old and i need to know at what age should you introduce food to them???...also 8 weeks is the age they can leave mum to go to new homes isnt it???...
what food shall i give them???...i was told they can eat smaller amounts of food what mum is eating...
what age do you separate the girls to the boys in case they get it on???
thanks...
:?

The babies will eat their mother's food when they are ready. You don't really need to "give" them anything special, just make sure there's enough food in the bowl for all the rabbits.

At 10 weeks they should be separated by sex.

Mine who where 3 weeks on monday are starting to eat there mums food now. They first started eating the hay about 4 days ago. I also seperated the only male from the last litter at about 10wks has well. He kept chasing his sisters around the cage and trying to do things he shouldnt. I am going to take the babies to the vets in about 3wks to see if they can sex them as i dont want a brother and sister going in the same hutch. Mine are due to leave there mum on Easter Sunday.

Back