• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sometimes i feel really bad about not being able to go somewhere with my husband

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
last night he said his friends are arranging a drive down to cork and back up and the rule is you've to get there in one tank of fuel (like thats going to happen :roll:) and stay there for the night and they where wondering if we where up for it. but i had to say no cos theres noone to feed the bunnies in the morning, i suppose i could ask my neighbours but the buns have a routine plus they'll need checked on and fed more hay during the day and the neighbours have 3 kids and their own guinea pigs to contend with. i feel really bad though cos i'd love to go, i know ian could go on his own.

Then why not ask your neighbour and ask them to put an extra amount of hay in in the morning? Bunnies are a lot more flexible than you think. ;)

And it might also come in useful one day if there is an emergency and you need someone to look after your bunnies. Your neighbour would already know your bunnies then and would be able to help out.

Vera

do you think so? oooooo think i'm being an over protective bunny mum and thinking noone else could care for them aswell as me. :oops: and then if something happened when i wasn't there i wouldn't forgive myself.

i would ask the neighbours. or see if there is a pet sitting business nearby who would do it for you? x

do you think so? oooooo think i'm being an over protective bunny mum and thinking noone else could care for them aswell as me. :oops: and then if something happened when i wasn't there i wouldn't forgive myself.

You are not alone I can assure you! The only time that I have left my lot is to take my son to Butlins for a weekend, my poor husband had to stay at home and look after bunnies, guinea pigs and dogs :shock: He is also allergic to bunnies and piggies and hay for that matter - but he did a wonderful job.

We can't all have a holiday together though as I wouldn't leave them for anyone else to care for. He puts up with me well :roll:

I think you'll be ok to get your neighbours to check on them and give them brekkie. I've often given mine extra loads of hay if I'm not going to be able to see to them at the same time as I usually do.

yeah, i think i'd feel better leaving them when i get the shed sorted for them cos their squashed at the moment in their hutch and i usually let them out for 2 hours each every night. i could maybe see if they could wait till the end of april cos the shed will be sorted by then.

I only feed once a day. They get 24hrs supply of hay (bit extra probably to account for variation) and their pellets in a treat ball. Depending on when you normally feed and when they are leaving you might even get away with feeding before you go and when you get back if it's just over night. Then just get someone to pop in and check on them and as back up incase you get delayed getting back.

Back