• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aviary panels...

Ive just started making some myself this afternoon....Ive done the frames and need to put mesh on,its not to difficult,if I can do it anyone can!!

I've been making my own aviary panels since I was about 12. It's really easy. I use corner mending plates and screws to ensure a strong framework, and weldmesh needs to be attached with U-shaped nails. You can get both from wilkos or diy shops. I also advise using bolts on doors. I use brass ones :)

I searched everywhere and had no joy :cry: the only place i did find them was internet the delivery was more than the panel :shock: so i made them myself ;)

I found these on ebay, not sure if they are any good:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aviary-panels...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I want to build an extension for my trio's hutch and run, so that they can go on the grass during the day. I would have to build a little door into their current run and make a short tunnel to the extension. They would only have access when I am at home, so I don't need super strong mesh. I am just trying to work out how to hold the panels together, as I don't want it to be a permanent structure. They always make it very tricky for me to catch them and carry them to the run, that's why I would prefer a tunnel, so that they can choose where they want to be.

Back