• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aviary Panels...

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Hi guys, am wanting to build a large tall run (poss 10 foot long and at least 5 ft high) and wondered if aviary panels would be the best/cheapest way?

Has anyone used aviary panels before and if so, where did you get them from and how much are they?

Thanks in advance! :wave:

They do make it easy but they are possibly not the cheapest option.

They usually come in a size of 6ft x 3ft and you can make them into pretty much any shape you want.

I've got two runs, one of them is 6ft x 6ft x 6ft high and the other is 6ft x 6ft x 3ft high.

The panels for the 6ft tall one I got from a man on ebay, they were £150 in total which is for 10 panels, including one door panel. If you try and order them individually they are usually £20 ish. If you PM me I can give you his name / phone / e-mail, he is based in the midlands but will deliver further if you pay for it.

My 3ft tall one I made myself. It's not that difficult if you can screw a few pieces of wood together but it does take quite a bit of time. Using an electric staple gun makes things a lot easier.

timb0h can you post a link to the panels you bought? Would you recommend them? I'm looking for an aviary and I'm a bit wary of getting one without a recommendation

Ta

I'll PM you the link to the ebay store.

I am quite pleased with the quality. Personally I think the wood is a bit thin, but all aviary panels are like that :? The mesh is decent properly galvanised stuff, the same as I used when I made the other run. I've only had it a few months but it seems good so far :)

I got mine for £7 a panel - unplaned wood - you will have to ask for this or you get the more expensive at £12 a panel. West Hagley avairies - they will deliver within a certain distance. I have bought lots from there - they are very good.

Back