• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy 5th birthday Toby Rabbit UPDATED

seagreen

Warren Scout
Toby, my gorgeous sooty fawn lionhead, is 5 today !!!!!!

Toby celebrated the start of his day, as always, in my bedroom with his usual breakfast, of coriander, dill, mint & brocalli with some special treats of apple, carrot & some early dandilion leaves. And to ensure he has the best of days, I will be opening every cupboard in the house for his investigation & inspection, a great treat, which will not doubt result in a very happy bunny with cobwebby whiskers.

Toby had a humble start in life. His birth, in the Eastend of London, was quite simply a mistake. His parents had been incorrectly sexed which resulted in an expected & unwanted litter. Toby had a further trauma to over come but more about that later.

It was all too much for the people his parents were living with & so Toby ended up incare at Warren Lodge Rabbit Rescue in Essex & this is where Toby & I were fated to meet.

At the time, I wasn't looking for a rabbit to replace my beloved house rabbit Flynn, who had been pts just 3 weeks before. I had reluctantly agreed to go to Warren Lodge with a friend, who had asked me to go along with her to look at potential mates for her rabbit.

When I opened the door of one of the hutches, marked Naiomie, & a dainty, wispy hairy bunny hopped across to say hello. After accepting strokes & nose rubs, she stretched up & kissed me on my nose.

That was it, I was smitten. My resolve of not getting another rabbit until after the summer holidays just disappeared. I had to have her & so this rabbit came to live with me as a house rabbit.

Naiomie's name was changed to Abbey & this was Toby's other trauma. He had been given two girlie names when in fact he was a boy. This only came to light when she went in to be spayed & when she was shaved it was discovery she had 2 little plumbs !

Still, Toby took to his 2nd name change easily & turned his back on his humble roots & got a taste for the high life requiring endless supplies of Oxbow Western Timothy Hay & treats of raspberries & peaches. He is a great fan of F1 & can't wait for the start of the season as he knows he have 3 hours of uninterupted stroking & nose rubs on the sofa.

Each day, after he has his breakfast, he'll jump on my bed for a cuddle & I tell him how lucky he is but I think really I'm the lucky one. I couldn't have wished for a more loving bun bun. He will happily lick you to death & athough he has trashed the house & costs me an arm & a leg with his 6 weekly dentals & his expensive, fancy tastes, I wouldn't swop him for the world, he is loved to bits. I've owned him for almost 5 years now & its been a privilage. Me & the O/H just simply adore him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOBY & HERES TO MANY MORE

Last edited:
Little Toby has had a lovely 5th birthday. He's enjoyed all the hopping in & out of the cupboards & is now comatosed under his favourite coffee table.

He'll no doubt wake up when we start eating our dinner & will try & nick some of our side salad. Then he'll start nudging & licking us, demanding his evening nose rubs & then will settle himself on the sofa to make sure he gets petted all evening.

Actually his just woken up to go greet my O/H back from work - he's not as tired as I thought.

Better get that dinner started. Man & rabbit want feeding.

Toby is the Birthday Buck so its only right that you pander to his every whim :lol::lol:

...............as you no doubt do every day !! :rolleyes:

Back