• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed to find Pipkin a new little man

Thumpkin

New Kit
Sadly on tuesday I had to have my little nethie Thumper put to sleep as he had a large tumour :cry:

I got Thumper 4 years ago from Briar Patch rescue to keep my dwarf lop Pipkin company. After a few initial hicups it worked really well and they adored each other.

Pipkin is now 8 so I am looking for an older bun as I am thinking a young bun would possibly want to race around and play more than Pippy would. Maybe this isn't the case though. Perhaps the more experienced bunny bonders on here could advise me.

Pipkin is a house bun, Thumper was an outside hutch boy until he came to us but he adapted well. The buns have continual access to an indoor cage with litter tray bed areas and platform areas that they use when and if they want. Pips favourite place has always been a fairly smallish little platform which is why we went for a nethie in the first place so they could both sit there which they often did.

For this reason as pips now looks so lonely sat there on her own I am looking foir another nethie or a very small mixed breed rabbit.

This bunny would have much love and a forever home. Should he outlive pippy I will find him another friend.

I have checked my local rescues but they dont have any small neutered bunnies. I could pay to have a buck neutered but I really want to get Pippy a friend as soon as posible. I have seen some possible friends on rehome but they are all miles away:cry:

So rabbit peeps can you help do you know of a small bunny near to Swindon in Wiltshire that would like to come and live with Pipkin?

Oh one other thing Pippy is quite a dominant bun and likes to be in charge so the new bun would need to be an easy going type of guy:)

There's so many older buns in rescues the right one must be out there. I would look further afield. I'm sure the lovely people on this forum will help with a bunnyrun. It might help to post pictures of your setup :)

I can't find many older buns either! I want a girlie, probably at least 7, or very chilled! lilibun- any ideas about particular rescues with oldies?

ps Pipkin sounds lovely- is she the lop in your piccy?

I can't find many older buns either! I want a girlie, probably at least 7, or very chilled! lilibun- any ideas about particular rescues with oldies?

ps Pipkin sounds lovely- is she the lop in your piccy?

Jill has just had an older girl added to her waiting list :wave:

Oh how sad :( was Thumper called thumper when he was at Briar Patch, if was he an adorable agouti lop? I used to help out there :wave:

I sure hope that Pipkin has found a new friend by now, this thread is nearly two years old:)

Back