• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit hiccups and teeth question

Ted an Petal

Warren Veteran
ted has had the hiccups 3 nights in a row, should i be worrying? seems to happen when she's chilled out. also i've noticed that ted always has her mouth slightly open is this normal? she's due her vacc at the end of april so was gonna get the vet to check her teeth as i can't check them myself, i've tried looking at them while she's in the middle of munching hay and they seem okay but can't be sure.

This is just a guess:

Her mouth may be slightly malformed if she's not closing it causing her to swallow air when she eats- i'd book her in with a vet to check, keep feeding the hay and watch out for dental problems

Her mouth may be slightly malformed if she's not closing it causing her to swallow air when she eats- i'd book her in with a vet to check, keep feeding the hay and watch out for dental problems
would she breathe funny then if she was eating cos she seems fine when eating just sometimes when she's on top of me it looks like her mouth is slighly open. would maybe be worth taking to the vets, will do that when i'm off.

would she breathe funny then if she was eating cos she seems fine when eating just sometimes when she's on top of me it looks like her mouth is slighly open. would maybe be worth taking to the vets, will do that when i'm off.

Not sure- I said it was just a guess :oops:
I think a vet check is a good idea :)

Back