• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My poor babies are prisoners!!

Banni Binky

Warren Scout
I can't even let them out of their hutches supervised anymore, there have been peregrine falcon sightings in our area :shock::shock::shock::shock: :cry::cry::cry::cry:

My poor Tila is doing this in his hutch: ":censored:Let me out!!:censored::censored:"

I feel guilty. =[.

On a side note, I was giving Tila his usual pats and strokes on his face and ears the other day, and for the first time in the 14 months I've had him, he stopped and looked at me, then reached up and put his nose to mine!! :D:D:D

Tbh I know people who keep birds of prey and are really clued up on them and have been told one would not land in an enclosed garden especially if the buns are close to the house. If not a secure run is the way to go :)

Awe poor little buns but its for their own good until you get a safe run. We have a slightly larger than normal Sparrow Hawk who is terrorising our neighbourhood, he's picking off the collared doves one by one! But a sparrow hawk doesnt really compare with a Peregrine Falcon!!

We are unable to bring them inside - we have 4 cats and the house is nowhere near bunny or piggie proof :(

Nor do I have a secure run just yet - we are in the process of building one, will be finished as soon as I get the remaining components to build it.

Until then...

They have harness/leashes, could I take them out with those? Although Tila doesn't very much like it, its really the only option right now

Edit: It was a pair of wild Falcons sighted, only 15 minutes from here. That's too close for comfort and no offence to anyone, but I'm not willing to take the risk they won't dive into an enclosed garden =[

Last edited:
Falcons:shock::shock:

Totally understandable. I think getting secure runs finished as soon as possible is the best option you've got.:)

The only other would be if you could use just one room (bathroom maybe - less cables than other rooms) and shut the cats out for a bit so the buns get to have a run around for at least a little time every day.

Back