• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lovely People

Lspacehopper

Wise Old Thumper
Today a lovely female dutch (Eliza) went to a fabulous home and I'm so pleased :)

In October we had a male and female bun and 3 kits brought in. The male and female had been bought from Melton Market. The owner soon realised he couldn't look after them.

We split mum and dad, and unfortunately mum rejected her kits not long after. Amy (Abbymarysmokey), took them to care for them and did an absolutely fabulous job :). Mum gave birth to a second litter of 8 (which have all been rehomed).

Dad went to a lovely lady who has since adopted a second bun from us. That was Grizelda (the syphillis carrier bag bun). They're both neutered and bonded :)

Anyway....poor mum has been with us all this time.

On Saturday I got talking to a lovely lady and her partner. Their rabbit had just undergone pioneering surgery to have part of it's jawbone removed as the bone was cancerous. An exotics expert at Chine House vets operated and their bun is doing okay.

The lady came in on Tuesday with her daughter and they met dutchy mum (Eliza). The daughter has a neutered boy, a very chilled out lop. She fell in love with Eliza and decided to adopt her to bond with her boy.

As you know, unfortunately we don't neuter buns as standard but this didn't put them off and Eliza was booked in to Chine House and was spayed today :)

A very large dog crate was purchased with lots of lovely bun things and Eliza will be kept separate for a few weeks before bonding (hopefully).

It's such a delight to meet people who will do anything for their animals and it made my day :)

That's fantastic news. :D Poor Eliza has had a long wait but it sounds as though she'll have a briliant home. :love:

Yay fantastic news for Mummy bun, I know you were a bit worried that you might not find the right home for her Laura :D

I'm so chuffed Amy :)

I spoke to the lady today. Elizas spaying went ahead yesterday afternoon. She stayed in overnight and they provided 24 hour nursing care. She went to her new home today and this afternoon was happily munching away on her hay and settled in.

Very good news :) x

Back