• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so impressed with pets at home

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
im so impressed with my local branch of pets at home,yesterday i had a really frustrating situation regarding a bunny that had been rehomed to someone off of pets at home adoption :?
the bloke adopted a male in january and then in this past week has adopted a female, both bunnies were adoption bunnies:?
The owner then called me and to cut a long story short the bunnies had been put together:cry: so its obvious where this was going to go:roll:
however i went into pets at home and spoke directly to the managers and now the little female is booked in for emergency spey tomorrow and the male is booked in early next week :D:D:D:D
this could of been a very different story that i would of had to of helped with in a few months:roll:

pets at home went out of their way to help stop the breeding in this situation

mission accomplished all we have to do now is educate the owners into getting bigger accomadation

pets at home get slated an awful lot and i think its good to hear the way they are helpful to not just about the bad points:D:D:D

Awesome :)

I visited my local branch for the first time recently and was VERY impressed - the buns were in very large enclosures (for a shop) and all had labels on with a summary of their care/housing requirements.

Pets at Home impressed me the last time I went there a few months back - I just wish their till operating staff could hurry it up a bit :lol:

Big difference - 6 years ago my bun Lily was what I called a 'Pets at Home Rescue' - she had been bitten by a bigger, bully-bunny in one of their pens and they wanted to put her to sleep as her treatment would make her 'unprofitable' :evil:

So glad they have improved in recent times!

Yeah the new Harrogate store is awesome!! I posted last week saying how impressed with them I was! Thumbs up for P@H!! :thumb::bunny::bunny:

LSpacehopper - bit of a tangent but seeings you're there :lol:

Is there any kind of standard/policy for the doorways/comfort of staff in PAH? Our local store has the tills right slap bang in front of the sliding doors, which spend half their time open as you can imagine. The Companion Care reception is also there. Especially at this time of year, the draught comes absolutely blasting through and the poor staff both on the tills and at the vets are always absolutely freezing :?

Shouldn't there be some kind of secondary entrance or wind break provided? Is there a company policy on this kind of thing?

Caroline so glad you got it sorted..I told you they would help:D
Well done for giving this man some straightforward advice!

Is there any kind of standard/policy for the doorways/comfort of staff in PAH? Our local store has the tills right slap bang in front of the sliding doors, which spend half their time open as you can imagine. The Companion Care reception is also there. Especially at this time of year, the draught comes absolutely blasting through and the poor staff both on the tills and at the vets are always absolutely freezing :?

Shouldn't there be some kind of secondary entrance or wind break provided? Is there a company policy on this kind of thing?

Now i come to think of it, the tills are right in the doorway at the Leeds AND Banbury branches :?

I visited on sunday in the really severe weather and as the doors opened a gust of wind blew over a 6' high display unit and picked up the doormat :shock:

Our tills are also near the door......not the best place unfortunately. It can get a little chilled, but our heating system blows warm air over the tills. All colleagues have fleeces and gilets as well.

If it really cold they could get a heater behind the tills. There is legislation for cold temps, but the store would have to be a certain low temp for several consecutive days and as a rule the rest of the store is usually warm.

One consolation is that people tend to work harder when they're cold to warm up ;).....sorry.....couldn't resist lol ;)

Our tills are also near the door......not the best place unfortunately. It can get a little chilled, but our heating system blows warm air over the tills. ;)

Is there a reason behind this? It's not great for the environment to have aheating system right next to an open door :?

I realise this probably wasn't your idea :lol: But if you get the chance to influence this at any point....;)

Yep - apart from the total unnecessary waste of electricity which must cost a fortune, the staff in the vets part (and I assume on the tills too) always have absolutely freezing hands... heaters below the desk may keep their legs warm but don't really help with cold draughts in your face and hands! The poor girls are always saying how cold they are :?

Most stores where there are tills directly by the doors have either two sets of doors or some kind of 'windbreak' screening that customers come round the side of.

Is there a reason behind this? It's not great for the environment to have aheating system right next to an open door :?

I realise this probably wasn't your idea :lol: But if you get the chance to influence this at any point....;)

This is one thing I won't be able to influence I'm afraid. In most of the PAH stores the tills are near the doors.

im so impressed with my local branch of pets at home,yesterday i had a really frustrating situation regarding a bunny that had been rehomed to someone off of pets at home adoption :?
the bloke adopted a male in january and then in this past week has adopted a female, both bunnies were adoption bunnies:?
The owner then called me and to cut a long story short the bunnies had been put together:cry: so its obvious where this was going to go:roll:
however i went into pets at home and spoke directly to the managers and now the little female is booked in for emergency spey tomorrow and the male is booked in early next week :D:D:D:D
this could of been a very different story that i would of had to of helped with in a few months:roll:

pets at home went out of their way to help stop the breeding in this situation

mission accomplished all we have to do now is educate the owners into getting bigger accomadation

pets at home get slated an awful lot and i think its good to hear the way they are helpful to not just about the bad points:D:D:D

They seem to be doign something right for the animals. We noticed a big difference wit th animals when we went in a few weeks ago. More space etc better accomodation.

The gloucester store is standard i suppose but when i go to the cheltenham store it seems so much nicer hehe. They have a new guinea pig area so the rabbit area has doubled and also their adoption animals all have fab little bios and all rabbit state they need to be get neutured speyed etc. The gloucester stores just say "cos my owner was unable to keep me" for all the animals every time.

The staff at both have been exceptional :D (well there is one girl i dont get on with but for diff reasons haha)

I guess the tills by the door thing is to stop people stealing stuff. Staff can keep an eye on who's coming in and out.

Only us lot could turn a thread about buns into something random, like till placement instore!

I would assume they are near the door so that people have seen everything before they go to pay. Like if they were in teh middle someone may pass something on the way out but think 'oh i cant be bothered to go back'...

Back