• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rubbish rabbit food

Lucy

Warren Veteran
What to do with it? We get it donated in our bucket at the supermarket but we can't use it for the rabbits as it's the horrible flaky stuff. Has anyone found a use for it?

What to do with it? We get it donated in our bucket at the supermarket but we can't use it for the rabbits as it's the horrible flaky stuff. Has anyone found a use for it?

Putt it out for the birds. They love the pea flakes

I don't feed the birds here as the dogs try to knock stuff over to get to it. Maybe I can see if any of our fosterers feed the birds.

One of them had it before for feeding the wild animals over the chase :lol:

heat some vegi suet & oil & mix it in & put into yoghurt pots.....hang from a tree :) Birds love it.

We always keep a bit for emergency food as sometimes when a stray comes in or a post op fussy bun it's useful as theymay have a pick at it even if they refuse everything else (bunny junk food I guess)

When I changed Charlie over, I just used the last few bits in the bag as treats to get him used to his name. Probably still not very good but it was only a few of the flakey bits as treats to finish the bag a bit :D
He's on good food now though!

i give it to mine as a treat now and again and as you say could use for feeding birds thats a good idea or alternativly you could use it as hamster mix but i think you would need to add some things to it too ..... maybe? x

Back