• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buck or neutered male ?

seagreen

Warren Scout
My first rabbit was 10 months old when I got him & I had to get him neutered.

He had only testicle on show as the other one hadn't dropped.

I was wondering, do you come across bucks where both testicles haven't dropped ?

And if they haven't dropped, how would you know it was a buck & not a neutered male ?

It's possible, but more often than not one of them does drop.

Sometimes they still have 'sacks' on show even if they are a bit shrivelly, these tend to disappear a while after neutering.

Sometimes a competent vet can have a bit of a rummage and can feel the undescended testicle in the groin area of the rabbit.

Sometimes you can feel a little scar line that may indicate that a bun has been neutered.

More often than not, unless someone can tell you that they have been neutered, they usually aren't...most rabbits that are handed in to rescues/set free etc come from the type of owner who is unlikely to have neutered them, unless there is a genuine reason for rehoming in which case the owner will be able to tell you that they have been neutered.

Back