• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy's dental today - separated from her OH :-(

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
Poppy has gone in today for some xrays and dental work to be done. The vets wouldn't let Dude stay with her so she's all on her own :(

I'm so worried that their bond will break!

I've got to call in a minute to find out how she got on.

Please send healthy eating vibes for her!!! :D

Don't worry, I had to split my trio (of males!) for a few days before, because of health issues, and they all went back in together like they hadn't been apart. Ditto when he'd been at the vets all day by himself.
Keeping them together is the best way to preserve a bond I think but it doesn't mean every pair will fall apart if they're not kept together

Awwwwwwww I am sure once she has woken up a bit more she will start nibbling at some food.
Still sending vibes for her

xx

loads of eating vibes for your little one.

Although i must say when our Shauny had to stay at the vets for his neuter, and twice for stasis he never ate when he was there. The vet allowed us to bring him home and he started eating as soon as he got through the door- on all occasions.

Having said that the vet said if he doesnt start eating within 2 hours to bring him straight back.

x

Hopefully Poppy is back home & snuggled up with Dude now. My vet wouldn't let Alfie go in with Bubbles when she had her dental either :( but it was all fine when I brought her home.

Update: Back Home

Poppy is home and back in the shed. I've put her in the play pen though, so that i can monitor what she's eating (at the moment nothing :?) but at least Dude can still see her. He's so protective of her bless him, he can't work out why he isn't allowed into the pen!

Am not happy with the vets. Don't want to go into too much detail on here, but basically I didn't get to see a vet when I picked her up and the itemised bill says they've done a blood test for EC, but couldn't tell me when i picked her up whether they've tested because they think she has it, or whether they tested but it's only precaution. :? I'm now worried for the safety of my other buns. :(

Will be syringe feeding her at 9.30 if she's still not eatenm as OH is back from work then and he's better with feeding them than i am! :oops::lol:

Back