• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

im so angry...*update page 4*

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
my 'friend' wasn't going to get her rabbits spayed or vaccinated and it took me ages to persuade her to take them. when she did the stupid vet told her it was too dangerous for females to be spayed and talked her out of it and for ages now she has refused to get them done.

i have mentioned it loads of times and before she texted and said she's getting two more guinea pigs. she already has 2 cats, 4 rabbits and 2 guinea pigs and she can't afford them.

i told her that she should take care of the ones she has first and she went off on one and told me she trusts her vet and that's that. i told her her vet is wrong and now i've been told to f off and never speak to her again!

i'm fumin because she keeps them in small hutches, leaves them unsupervised in unsafe small runs and goes out for the day, and she houses rabbits and piggies together.

the neighbours dog got in one of the hutches and nearly had the two baby rabbits and her piggie squeak escaped and was found dead in a neighbours garden, and honey has escaped three times and been found down the road.

to be honest i've had enough and i've told her in a nice way so many times and now she's gone off at me.

i've told her that it's a welfare offence now not to protect them from disease, provide adequate housing etc so i've told her i'm reporting her because at the end of the day it's the buns and piggies that are going to suffer and i can't let that happen.

i was hoping she would just be reasonable and listen but instead i've been sworn at and told to never speak to her again and i'm really annoyed.

so i am going to report her because i haven't been left much choice.

she's depressed and all that which i know about because i am the same, but it's like she does things so bad things will happen and then she can cry about it. like squeak escaped from the hutch and was found dead. then she buried her body in the ground, no box or anything, knowing that next doors dog comes in. and what happens, the dog comes in, digs up squeaks body and rips it to shreads...and then she cried. ???

it's difficult when it's a friend but at the end of the day i choose the animals welfare and i don't want friends that don't look after their animals and who then fly off the handle and tell me to f off for trying to help.

i told her if she puts them at risk and then something happens because of it that she then doesn't have the right to cry about it. that's harsh but it's true.

bisc and matts mum honey is with her living with two guinea pigs and she is nearly four and a half and i'm worried that she hasn't been spayed.

i am so angry...

Last edited:
omg thats wrong And i dont blame you for reporting her hun, you have tried to warn her and at the end of it all the animals are more important. (((hugs))) to you for the fact she dosetn want you to speak to her again, but i know i dont know you but im sure you have better friends than that who tell you to f off and not listen xxx

omg thats wrong And i dont blame you for reporting her hun, you have tried to warn her and at the end of it all the animals are more important. (((hugs))) to you for the fact she dosetn want you to speak to her again, but i know i dont know you but im sure you have better friends than that who tell you to f off and not listen xxx

thank you. i'm sat here shaking and i'm really angry but i know i've done the right thing.

she's only annoyed because she knows i'm right.

she even admitted when she gets down etc she goes and buys more pets. it's ridiculous. i get down but i just look after my two.

i just don't understand why you would claim to love your pets and then not make sure they had everything they need. i just don't get some people. :cry:

has anyone reported anyone before? how long did it take the rspca to get back to you and did they do anything?

I can't answer your question, I just wanted to say congratulations, you did the right thing!

Emma

has anyone reported anyone before? how long did it take the rspca to get back to you and did they do anything?

From my personal experience (and also that of my local WPC and others) the RSPCA are absolutely useless. See my thread from a couple of weeks back in the 'housing' bit about reporting neglected dogs (which went on to kill 4 of my rabbits :( ) I phoned them 3 times and they never did attend the address in question ........... Hopefully you will have more luck - I hope you get it sorted out.

Good on you for reporting her. I hope the RSPCA get off their butts and sort her out, but if they don't help you I wonder if you could possibly convince her to go see a different vet (preferably rabbit-savvy!) for a second opinion?

well done for reporting her but dont hold your breath for thr rspca to do something i reported my sisters neighbours rabbits and they did nothing:roll: i ended up taking the buns off them.

i've hinted at things so many times and then had to just say it how it is, in a nice way though. i've tried recommending my rabbit vet etc but she isn't having any of it.

she said they are fine as they are and i said they're not fine because you said they've not been spayed or vaccinated and she said 'so wot?'! i couldn't believe it. i said 'so wot? so wot if they get myxi or vhd and they die in pain and agony or you have to have them put to sleep? or what if they got uterine cancer and had to go through that and you knew you had caused it?)

i got a reply of 'wateva'

i was just stunned. i said i have no choice not to report you now and she said 'do wat you want i dnt f-in care'

what can you say to people with that attitude?

what gets me is that if they did get ill and die she would be crying and saying it's not fair etc etc.

i have emailed the rspca and i really hope they will do something. if they don't then i don't know what would be the next step really.

i would love to know who that stupid vet is that she sees and 'trusts' because he obv is not a rabbit vet.

i just can't stand it. i want to save them all. and the fact she's getting two more when the others aren't even looked after is ridiculous. that will make a total of 2 cats, 4 rabbits, and 4 guinea pigs that she can't afford and doesn't look after properly.

it's like they are replaceable to her, like when people see it as just a rabbit, not an individual rabbit with its own personality and life. it's so upsetting.

anyway, i'll see what happens and keep you updated. :(

You have done the right thing and I hope the RSPCA get back to you soon. I know how angry it must have made you esp as she disregards all your advice and especially as she she is a friend it put you in a difficult position as to what to do.

If you ever do find out what vet she uses you could send them a letter with some info about vet care for rabbits. Hopefully that will make them think twice before they dish out incorrect info!

you have done the right thing she obviously doesnt care,like you said she thinks they are replacable:( some people just dont like hearing the truth. Her tears are just guilt in my opinion they cant possibly be real tears because she cares for them overwise she would listen to your advice and do better for them. i didnt know you could report things by email,can you pm me the email address you used please :)

she was quite immature about it actually and said 'thanks alot, don't ever speak to me again.' i just said you can't just cut people out because they tell you the truth and she knows deep down the only reason she is mad is because it has hit a nerve because i am right!

do you know what, she's a bit funny with things, like nothing is ever her fault and she just never feels guilty about anything. it's a strange thing she does, like she either just doesn't think she does anything wrong, or she knows but completely blocks it out. she's my brothers ex and she treated him really badly, cheated on him, was horrible to him etc...and then didn't think she had done anything wrong...and it was like she really didn't have a clue. strange.

anyway, i really hope nothing does happen to her pets. i would love nothing more than for them to live a long happy life and for her to say i told you so to me. my concern is just how someone can claim to love an animal and yet not do everything possible to look after them and protect them. i just wouldn't ever take that risk.

but anyway, i'll see what happens.

i tried to find out her vet and she wouldn't tell me. i was going to send the vet a letter of concern and some basic rabbit info leaflets. i think he just didn't want to spay them so instead of sending her to someone capable of doing it, he just told her a load of rubbish about never getting it done because it's too dangerous.

thanks everyone for your support and saying i've done the right thing. i kind of planned to do this eventually if she wouldn't listen. i gave it months and months and tried everything without just saying it but she left me no choice.

please please please let the rspca do something. if they told her she had to vaccinate them etc then i think she would. she's stubborn but if there was a risk they would be taken off her, or even just the threat of it, it might be enough.

that's the other thing i don't get. she has done no research at all about her pets. she wouldn't even read an article or book or anything.

i tried to get her to join the forum because i knew you lot would tell her straight...in a nice way of course!... but she wouldn't join.

she's not even home alot of the time. she goes to uni and works all the rest of the time. i know she was doing uni and working a 50 hour week, not sure if it's still 50 hours though. don't know where she would spend time with them.

i know she only cleans the toilet and that once a week and once she was 'too tired' to clean the hutch one week . it's unbelieveable. i change the litter trays twice a day and the blankets they use and i clean the lounge and hoover for them. i can't stand them being in any mess!

argh!

Well done you for reporting her. I reported someone once to the rspca when i was working at some stables [which were disgusting] and behind the stables about 100 yards away there was a small holding which contained about 15 greyhounds the smell was vial so i took a look and discovered these dogs in a very bad condition. :cry::evil::cry: They were walking in there own mess and there were flys everywhere. So i phoned the rspca and they came and told the owners to sort the dogs living condtion or loose the dogs. I also reported the owner of the stables about a week later as i was breaking in a young calt and he was nervous.... the owner came him and tried taking over [heavy handed] the horse kicked out.. [didn't hit anyone or anything] and the owner struck him across the face with a bridal.

I reported him and i was banned from the stables [not that that bothered me i couldn't allow this to happen :evil:] but they were shut dwn due to the conditions and I am happy to say the young calt ended up with a friend of mine and he is now a fine thourghbred :love:

You did the right thing and to be honest don't take this wrong way but do you really want to be friends with someone like that anyway?

you did the right thing! i might be inclinded to ring them rather than email(unless you requested a read reciept) you might not get a reply. i reported someone they took the bun away but they had 14 days to get things sorted which they did so they give it back to them:evil:!. cant you print her off some leaflets about rabbit welfare? was really shocked at the vet wot a :censored: talk bout clueless!

If she won't even tell you which vet she went to, I wonder if she even went to a vet at all :roll:

(sorry - my suspicion senses are tingling! Especially by your description of this person, they seem not to give a flying feck about anyone or anything but themselves :evil: )

If she won't even tell you which vet she went to, I wonder if she even went to a vet at all :roll:

(sorry - my suspicion senses are tingling! Especially by your description of this person, they seem not to give a flying feck about anyone or anything but themselves :evil: )

good point,how many vets are near you that are a possible?? i would call and say erm im looking after my friend rabbit, its ill i cant get hold of her i was wondering is it reg with you???? never know you might find out which vet is giving such stupid advice

maybe im just a bit crazy but i would want to know if she is just lying:oops:

Back