• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits have triplets

tracy08

Warren Scout
Silly question but we had three babies that are identical, unfortunatly 1 died. We have been looking at the other two blue ones and we can tell them apart even if we wanted to name them.The other rabbit is just like his dad, the double if him in fact down to his markings.

i just realised of course they had more than one so its a muliple birth :lol: but i mean with them being identical is this common, i always thought rabbits were all different if you know what i mean. I was just shocked to see them the same from the head to toes. I would of thought they would have some difference. :roll:

Yeah its common that they look the same, it all depends on what the rabbits carry.
Take my own rabbits for instance, they had 12 kits, 5 were black like their father, 4 were brown sable like their mother and 3 were red-eyed white. It all depends on the genetics. Sasuke and Aroma both carried REW, Sasuke at least carries blue but since Aroma didn't, it didn't show in the babies.
Many breeders going for one color tend to only get one or two different colors/markings in their litters since their rabbits tend to be quite purebred in color (mixing different colors can make them bad for showing for instance.. I had that problem with my black bunnies because they carried sable, they were almost gray)

Back