• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The bun Claire and I found =]

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Managed to take a few photo's of her settled in, I've put a teddy rabbit in with her and she loves it being there =] As far as I can tell she hasn't been trained as she wee's and poo's on her vetbed... she is quite friendly, however, but does the occasional grunt when we go near her. Still a possibility that she is pregnant I suppose :?

Really hoping to keep hold of this little lady, if she can bond in with Kitt after she has been spayed... if not then I will be looking for a home for her :( Grown quite attached already.... she is adorable.

Here she is (Hilda, feel free to add your photo's... they are much better than mine :lol:)

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

xx

I've made a poster to put up around the area where we found her, not going to put a photograph on though because that'd be too easy for someone to just say she's theirs.... especially with her being unspeyed, I don't want her falling in to the hands of a breeder!!

I'm a bit suss as to whether she was dumped or not... the park where she was found is in the middle of 3 busy main roads :(

If she isn't claimed within a week I shall be offering her a forever home here providing she can bond with Kitt... I wont try to bond her until she has been neutered next month, and I'll give her the ample weeks for the scar to heal too.

xx

Here you go..though I think your pics are better than this one:lol:
Cleopatra?
DSC00599.jpg

Just whispering this.....I think she's preggers

Aw, I do hope you get to keep her. In a way I hope she has been dumped.

Cos I think about Bunlover's Snowy being lost and if someone ever found her :(

If she is pregnant and the babys are pure rex babys, she could be from a breeder.
If they look crossed, I'd presume she was a pet and is having an accidental litter.
She is lovely though, it'd be great if she got to stay with you :D

If she is pregnant and the babys are pure rex babys, she could be from a breeder.
If they look crossed, I'd presume she was a pet and is having an accidental litter.
She is lovely though, it'd be great if she got to stay with you :D

Do you get what ravens rexes means?! She isn't going to be returned to a breeder if that is where she has come from. If it ends up she wont bond with Kitt I shouldn't think she would be too difficult to rehome as we are planning on getting her neutered and vaccinated =] xx

Do you get what ravens rexes means?! She isn't going to be returned to a breeder if that is where she has come from. If it ends up she wont bond with Kitt I shouldn't think she would be too difficult to rehome as we are planning on getting her neutered and vaccinated =] xx

Maybe to do with proper standard? I don't know much about rex breeds, but maybe her ears are wrong/face is wrong, or something like that so she wouldn't be show quality? Even though she is still gorgeous :love: but pet rabbits don't have to be bred to the same standard, I think? I could be wrong :lol:
No matter what she's lucky that she was found by someone off this forum, who knows what they're on about :D

Maybe to do with proper standard? I don't know much about rex breeds, but maybe her ears are wrong/face is wrong, or something like that so she wouldn't be show quality? Even though she is still gorgeous :love: but pet rabbits don't have to be bred to the same standard, I think? I could be wrong :lol:
No matter what she's lucky that she was found by someone off this forum, who knows what they're on about :D

Maybe she wouldn't be of interest to a proper breeder, but I'm sure someone would breed off of her if they thought there'd be a little bit of money in it! I'm so glad we found her. I am sure this is fate. The past week or so Claire and I have talked about getting a friend for Kitt after his failed bonding with Jamie and Sapphire... If they bond then I do believe we were meant to find her xx

Maybe she wouldn't be of interest to a proper breeder, but I'm sure someone would breed off of her if they thought there'd be a little bit of money in it! I'm so glad we found her. I am sure this is fate. The past week or so Claire and I have talked about getting a friend for Kitt after his failed bonding with Jamie and Sapphire... If they bond then I do believe we were meant to find her xx

That's true, but hopefully she's not from a breeder!
If she has babies, they could have been from a wild bunny too, that'd be an interesting crossbreed!

What do you mean by 'all pet'?

Her coat has a rusty tinge to it in black rexs you never breed from that as it is a major fault (in showing) might be a back yard breeders but she wont be a show breeders rabbit.
Also she looks to be long in coat again you dont breed from that for show buns.
What are those white marks on her?
If you find the owner and it is a breeder really you should return it as its still theft even if you found it.
Some Breeders do care about thier rabbits just as you do people on here have got rabbits from me and see how much care and dedication i put into mine and guess wat im a BREEDER!

Last edited:
That's true, but hopefully she's not from a breeder!
If she has babies, they could have been from a wild bunny too, that'd be an interesting crossbreed!

Oh my god, lol, I didn't even think of that :? Oh well, I will know in good time I suppose. She does grunt when you touch her stomach... the poor little un xx

Back