• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

no rabbit at easter help

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
I've had one of Ludo's doggy pal owners on his blog ask if I think she should get a cat or a rabbit for her BF for easter. What are some very pleasant (things rabbits or Ludo might say) to tell her why it's not a good idea.

I have a make mine chocolate badge on his page, so hopefully she'll take a look on the site too.

I've had one of Ludo's doggy pal owners on his blog ask if I think she should get a cat or a rabbit for her BF for easter. What are some very pleasant (things rabbits or Ludo might say) to tell her why it's not a good idea.

I have a make mine chocolate badge on his page, so hopefully she'll take a look on the site too.

Say she should sponsor an animal at a local rescue instead because he might not want a real one :)

Or if she knows he wants one she could give him a home made token for any dog/rabbit he wants from the local rescue

surely the fact that she's unsure of which to get means she has no idea about her BF's requirements, likes and abilities with regards to animals.

or is that not something she wants to hear :lol:

good luck anyway, sorry i couldnt be more use!

I think there is more of a prevailant culture of giving animals as pets in the US. I know her bf has a dog as her dog has posted about it. :oops: :lol: So they are animal lovers.

^ the token idea above is good. my parents did that with our fish....it said something along the lines of, we will buy you some fishes, when you have proved that you've researched them loads. I'm sure you (or Ludo ;) ) could sell the idea to her, as that way her BF gets the most appropriate pet

I asked Big and Beige what they thought...

Beige: Us bunnies can live for up to 10 years so we are a big committment, we also like to live with a bunny friend and not alone. Puddy cats can live for up to 20 years!

Big: Don't forget to mention the neutering and annual vaccinations

Beige:
Oh yes, spaying girl bunnies is especially important to avoid uterine cancer which is very common

Big: And de-plummimg boy bunnies too.

Beige: I don't like to think about that, it makes me cross my paws

Big: Neutering boy bunnies means they are less likely to spray and without all that testosterone they are much sweeter

Beige: Yes sweeter but still manly. You forgot to mention that.

Big: And no accidental litters too

Beige: Oh yes and don't forget when you go on holiday/vaccation we need someone to take care of our daily needs and keep us clean.

Big: Yes hay, fresh water and vegetables and pellets

Beige: Did you mention sprouts?

Big: Yes sprouts come under vegetables

Beige:
Sprouts are my favourite

Big: What about cats?

Beige: No I don't like cats I'm vegetarian

Big: No I mean what a cat needs.

Beige:
Oh, well like us cats need annual vaccinations, holiday care, nutering, vet fees when ill.

Big: Best bet is to buy goldfish and a chocolate egg

Beige: I agree

Last edited:
Good suggestions :D
Especially you Beige! You has given me an idea. Perhaps you would like to be an honorary guest poster on Ludo's blog? :D

Just tell them EVERYTHING :shock:
I thought bunnys were easy when I got Charlie...
No idea about the cost of neutering, the size of hutches, the right food (and the cost compaired to cheap food), the amount of hay, the mess they make, vaccinations, grooming, company, exercise, what health problems to look out for, making sure their accomodation is safe, what veg they can/can't have, how to handle them....
It's ENDLESS :shock:

Good suggestions :D
Especially you Beige! You has given me an idea. Perhaps you would like to be an honorary guest poster on Ludo's blog? :D

Sorry have edited while you replied.

How do B and B get on the blog? And can they post their pics? Beige is very vain.

Rabswood

I'd tell her to buy herself a rampant rabbit (much cheaper and easier to run and no vets bills apparently) and to tell her boyfriend she bought a rabbit for herself to keep her company when they have to be apart.;)

well i think you should do up a little fact shet on each for her.... like the following
rabbit: accomodation[/B]: reccomended 6x2x2ft hutch attatched to a 6x6ft run or indoors 48/52inch dog crate with free range time 95% of day( if indoors rabbit proofing such as wires being covered and furniture edges being sprayed with chew stopper and if outdoors need secure fencing ability if free range to watch bunnys if not free range then the run needs to be paved underneath/meshed and turf laid on top. all hutches /runs should have lids adn padlocks adn bolts
feeding a high quality pellet food excel/science slective adn unlimited fresh dust free hay with vegatation given
health issues rabbit savvy vet essential neutering costs i around 60-100 for females 40-80 for males and vacinations arund 16.50 a time 3 a year. pet plan is around 5-10 per rabbit a month.

company
company is ideal for rabbit tho bonding is an art... they ened to both be neutereed(m/f pairs tend ot work best) and should be introduced in a small space things such aswhite vinegar will help nuetralise the area.

neutering is essential to prevent uterine cancer infemales and to allow a freind for males. unnuetered rabbits will often become aggressive nad bite and also will spray and be less inclined to use their litter trya and wil legnerally be more destructive

I'd tell her to buy herself a rampant rabbit (much cheaper and easier to run and no vets bills apparently) and to tell her boyfriend she bought a rabbit for herself to keep her company when they have to be apart.;)

Lynne!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Well Beige, yes of course you can have your pictures up! If you take a peek at Ludo's blog in my sig you can see what a post looks like and you could have a post just like that, with your own words and pictures. :D

Back