• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Showing off my brats :P

usagibunny

Young Bun
Brats is an affectionate term... I love the little buns, but bonding is driving me nuts!

I'm currently in the process of bonding my four (yes, four) bunnies. The good news is that two have been bonded for quite a while, the bad news is that #3 is a totally dominant boy. #3 is always trying to nip everyone and he generally drives me crazy, but I love the little guy anyway.

Anyway, I just wanted to show off one of the golden moments where I got all four together without any fights (it was a miracle!) They made it on the Daily Bunny! Here is the link...

http://www.dailybunny.com/daily_bunny_d8/2009/03/waiting-in-line-for-harry-potter-movie-tickets.html

Now if only Momiji will learn to be nice...

Last edited:
Well, bonding yesterday went better...

I'm doing two at a time, that seems to be the easiest way for now. Usagi, Blu, and Star seem to get along great, but Momiji is a trouble maker. At least Usagi and Momiji seem to get along okay (mainly because Usagi doesn't nip back). Also, Blu is an excellent bonder, he grooms everybody! He even grooms little Momiji, until Momiji gets all nippy, then Blu nips back. The worse combination is Star and Momiji, nothing but grunty nippy city there.

I bonded a couple of pairs of rabbits and thought I was an expert! I still think I can do this though... it just won't be as easy as I thought. The funny thing is, Momiji was separated from his bunny friend at the shelter (before he got to the rescue) so I assumed he'd be an easy bond. Apparently I was very wrong...

Anyway, here's another pic of them, in the laundry basket

l_6294d93a34c8489e8e6c386b2411123f.jpg

From top to bottom: Blu, Star, Usagi, Momiji.

Back