• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola lost weight since A&P.

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

Lola has always been a bit of a chubby bun, but when Nat commented the other week she had lost weight I decided to keep an eye on her, she ahs been moulting so looks a bit "less fluffy" so that might be why she looks thinner, but she does not seem to like A&P so I am going to try her on Wagg Optimum and see how she goes on and mix it with 50/50 A&P.

She seems perky and is eating dandelions etc but and still chasing little Lucy but I am going to keep an eye on her and have booked her in for vets on Friday.

Good idea hun. I have taken my lot off A+P as for me they were loosing there condition. Mine now have the Wagg optinum (due to a friend buying me 3bags) with Science Selective. I can say i have had weight gain on Toffee, since changing :D

When was Lola last wormed? I know i did lucy here, maybe do them again? :)

I think Vets will be good, that way you can have her teeth checked :)

Good idea hun. I have taken my lot off A+P as for me they were loosing there condition. Mine now have the Wagg optinum (due to a friend buying me 3bags) with Science Selective. I can say i have had weight gain on Toffee, since changing :D

A few of mine have been losing condition on A&P too! Nat...did you try the breeder/grower pellets from A&P? x

Yep, I tried A&P once and never again their condition was dreadful. I put them straight back to SS

I hope Lola starts putting some weight back on :D

A few of mine have been losing condition on A&P too! Nat...did you try the breeder/grower pellets from A&P? x

Nope, i didnt try anything else. Just swapped them over and left it at that. I searched on here and remembered a few people saying there buns lost condition, so i decided to leave the A+P.

Mine are much better since doing this :D :D There not been too picky either, they eat both SS and the Wagg so cant complain!

Your such a help hun! I wormed her about 10 weeks ago, I might do them both at the same time just to be sure!

Thank you everyone x x x

Nope, i didnt try anything else. Just swapped them over and left it at that. I searched on here and remembered a few people saying there buns lost condition, so i decided to leave the A+P.

Mine are much better since doing this :D :D There not been too picky either, they eat both SS and the Wagg so cant complain!

Hmmm...they are such a worry! :(

Is wagg expensive (not that it matters!) does it have a high fibre content? x

Cat...sorry to ambush your thread. I really hope Lola is ok. xxx

Dont worry about it hun, I didnt even think about it, 13% fibre I think.

The Wagg was bought for me as Asda were selling it 10KG for £2.50, so couldnt complain really. Im not sure if its expensive. But its all good apparently. I asked on here lol. Search and it will bring up the threads. I know a few people feed it :)

ETA - Fibre content around 17% in Wagg

The Wagg was bought for me as Asda were selling it 10KG for £2.50, so couldnt complain really. Im not sure if its expensive. But its all good apparently. I asked on here lol. Search and it will bring up the threads. I know a few people feed it :)

ETA - Fibre content around 17% in Wagg

Thank you :) xxx

Dont worry about it hun, I didnt even think about it, 13% fibre I think.

Thank you :oops: I'm such a worrier. It would be nice to find a food they liked, that was good for them, that didn't make them lose weight or condition or give them runny poohs. Ho hum! xxx

I've seen quite a few people on here saying the same thing.
I switched all 8 of mine from Science Selective to A&P quite a while ago and none of them have lost condition on it. They get as excited at dinner time as they used to with the SS, they haven't lost weight and their fur is gorgeous... soft and shiny.
Maybe I've just been lucky :? :)

I've seen quite a few people on here saying the same thing.
I switched all 8 of mine from Science Selective to A&P quite a while ago and none of them have lost condition on it. They get as excited at dinner time as they used to with the SS, they haven't lost weight and their fur is gorgeous... soft and shiny.
Maybe I've just been lucky :? :)

All my 8 thrive on it too, but as people have noticed their older buns losing condition on A&P I'll be keeping an eye on mine as they get older and reassess it again

Mine get excited when they hear the rattle of the pellets, just when Lola finds out its A&P she turns her nose up at it!

Hehe! Same here. They look at you as if to say, "what the hell is that? I hope you don't expect me to eat it!!!"

I've never had a bun turn it down completely, even those coming into rescue who were on much tastier muesli eventually gave in and ate it with relish.

I have noticed a loss of condition in three of my bunnies with A&P, but only over the winter months.

We changed to A+P in December i think... and even Dan has noticed Lotties coat isnt as shiny, and shes gone really skinny :( She was originally 3.7kg :oops: and is now 3.2kg :?

We agreed today, we are going to put Lottie and George back on Excel... and keep Ronnie and Lolly on A+P unless we notice a change.

Alot of people seem to be saying this about A+P :?

The last time I took everyone in for their Mxyi vacs they'd all put on weight... which was only since they'd changed to A&P. Maybe I was just overdoing it on the pellets though... I did cut them back a bit after that.

I wonder if maybe they need slightly more pellets with A&P..?

Back