• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need large high-sided cage

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
My new bunny Ebony is a little unsteady and drags her hind feet when she hops, so I'm a little cautious about putting her on fleece or vetbed for long periods of time.

I think the best housing would probably be a large indoor cage (the sort with a plastic tray as the base and a wire top) which I can fill with a thick layer of hay or soft straw.

Ideally it would have a door low to the ground because she struggles to jump out of her existing cage, but I guess I could fix up some sort of bridge type thing to enable her to come out whenever she wants to.

Any ideas????

Thanks in advance :)

Looking at Liz's suggestion, I think it would be possible to make 2 shallow ramps to help her get in and out if needed. Just shout if you want help.:D

How about a puppy pen? You could set it up onto a waterproof picnic mat or something then cover with hay/straw, or create a base for it out of coroplast. Then use one of the panels as the door, so it's level with the floor.

yeh, i've just seen that you're in nottingham and unfortunately i don't drive.

there might be someone else on here who could help if they're ever going from near me to you. don't know though.

it's a large cage and would save you money aswell and it's in great condition.

if someone could help get it to you then i could sell it you for £50 to help you out.

i would love to give it to you for free but i'm so skint because of recent vet bills.

but i could go to £50 if that's any help to you?

How about a puppy pen? You could set it up onto a waterproof picnic mat or something then cover with hay/straw, or create a base for it out of coroplast. Then use one of the panels as the door, so it's level with the floor.

this sounds like a good idea. this would work with a nic cage aswell.

I've just had a thought.........what if I get some sheets of rigid plastic and make sides for my 4 ft dog crate? I could weld the plastic into a rectangle shape so it fits neatly inside the tray, and leave a cut-out for the door :?

...or would that be too much work! :lol:

if you get the coroplast you just cut the corners and fold/snap it into place. it's really easy apparantly. that would work really well. :)

Back