• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can not believe what we've caught!!!!!

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Walking to mine this morning from Claire's we decided to go the scenic route through Botanic park and over through Sefton Park... but we didn't get that far. Claire spotted a black rabbit running around, and it's taken us 3 hours to catch it :roll::roll:

She's quite smelly and has very long nails, but her teeth, ears and eyes look fine.

Taking it for a vet check now as I don't have a clue on its exact breed (I'm assuming it's a variety of rex), sex, age or if it's been neutered or vaccinated etc.. or if it has any current health conditions.

Will post pictures later. Will possibly looking for a forever home if it's a male or a female who wont bond with Kitt.

Vibes for this little one please xxx

I'm guessing it is definately a domestic rabbit if you caught it, we get lots of black wildies around here, but you would never catch them.

I'm pretty sure it's a rex... very smooth fur, although I've never had one so I'm not sure.

Was hard to catch but succombed in the end.

Well done for catching him. Hes probably not thanking you for it though:lol::lol: Looking forward to updates on him.

to be on the safe side I would stick some posters up, contact the local vets & put something on the lost & found section on rabbit rehome. Possibly even go to the local police. Get the vet to also check for a chip. That way you can say you have tried to find her owners, if her nails are quite long she probably hasn't been out long & I know I'd be devestated if I'd lost my rabbit.

I'm definitely going to put posters up, as I know exactly what you mean. He/she is quite friendly, therefore I am assuming he/she is a loved pet.

I'm not going to name her as I don't want to get too attached at this stage - incase I can't keep him/her.

We're at Claire's at the moment, missed the appointment with the vets but got a later one. The rabbit is out in the garden, but I managed to get these pictures:-

100320092575.jpg

100320092577.jpg

Does anyone have an idea on the breed? As I said before the rabbits fur is really soft and smooth, therefore I do think it could be a variety of rex... xx

He does have a rexy looking head in that last pic :) Fur seems a little long though, unless it's just not in great quality and has thickened up from being outside

Wish i could of seen you both trying to catch her :lol: :lol:

Well Done :D

Does look abit Rexy, let us know how you get on.

Dont let her near your buns remember ;)

Could be a havanna if the fur is slightly longer than the velvet type of a rex:?

I know you know this..but..remember quarantine..you don't know if it is carrying anything

Well the lovely Hilda has lent us her Nero 4 cage after being checked over by the vet she has a clean bill of health. In the process of making posters to put around where she was found, if she isn't claimed I am about 80/20 for keeping her... she is adorable!!

xx

Wish i could of seen you both trying to catch her :lol: :lol:

Well Done :D

Does look abit Rexy, let us know how you get on.

Dont let her near your buns remember ;)

Lol, I'm glad that no one saw us to be honest... I've not yet had time for a shower since running around after her, but I feel like I've played a rugby match and gone training straight after (just without the bruises, lol)

She has been given the all clear by the vet :lol: She's eating hay and drinking too, will keep her in the Nero 4 Hilda has lent us before deciding what to do.

xx

Awww nice :) Please keep her well away from your own buns to start off with anyhow, she may seem healthy but you don't know if she's harbouring anything infectious.

Also remember not to put too much information on the posters, you need anyone who comes forward to be able to properly describe her to you...otherwise you could end up with any old random after a free rabbit saying 'yes the black rex rabbit is mine'...

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but I'd rather say it than not :oops:

Ah bless her how cute is she!! Can't believe you managed to catch her, I have trouble getting my three back in the shed, they seem to play tag and I am forever running up and down the garden until we are all knackered.:lol:

Back