• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vocal Rabbits

sidereus7

Mama Doe
I was curious if anyone else had a vocal rabbit. My rabbit has always grunted when he is upset or if he gets really excited or if he is eating and really likes what he eats (veggies, yum!). When my vet suggested that it could've been a symptom of his bacterial infection, I was very sad. But now he's completely better and he still grunts! Yay!

So I was just wondering if anyone else had vocal bunnies, what they sound like, and when they're vocal. Also, what breed are they?

My dwarf lop honks all the times...with every hop she honks. She honk's us and at the other bunnies....shes a happy honky girl bless her....even my Nethie x has started picking it up...love them :love:

when matts excited and frantic over his food etc he makes a weird noise...i never know how to describe it, i guess like a honk, or like a duck makes??? not like a quack though, just like erm...a honk...i think! lol... my bf can do the exact same noise! :lol:

when it's time for their injections and they hear me shake the bottle of penicillin and see me put a towel on the top of the cage ready for them they thump at me and do like a low growl! they give in in the end though and when it's done i get cuddles and kisses and they make little purry noises when i stroke and kiss them and tell them they did very well with their injection! :love::love::love:

B is a french lop doe.She snores like a trooper when sound asleep she also snuffles when excited and growls when getting stroppy!!:lol:I had a cashmere lop buck who used to "hum"when running round the room with anything in his mouth!

B is a french lop doe.She snores like a trooper when sound asleep she also snuffles when excited and growls when getting stroppy!!:lol:I had a cashmere lop buck who used to "hum"when running round the room with anything in his mouth!

when you say she snores is it like a snoring, whistling noise? and can you hear her blowing air out after the snoring?

bisc does this and i don't know if he just snores or it's his snuffles. because all the other symptoms of bisc and matts snuffles has cleared up really well, it's just this one thing that is still concerning me.

It literally sounds like my hubbys snoring!!:lol:When spoke to Jill yesterday she mentioned it and said perhaps vet should listen to her chest.But the vet does that everytime she goes and really im not worried as my last frenchie did it all 7years of her life.She only does it when she is in a deep deep sleep when she is dreaming and looking like hes having an epileptic fit.I dont know why but i find it a comfort listening to her snore,it reminds me of my dad snoring at xmas!!

It literally sounds like my hubbys snoring!!:lol:When spoke to Jill yesterday she mentioned it and said perhaps vet should listen to her chest.But the vet does that everytime she goes and really im not worried as my last frenchie did it all 7years of her life.She only does it when she is in a deep deep sleep when she is dreaming and looking like hes having an epileptic fit.I dont know why but i find it a comfort listening to her snore,it reminds me of my dad snoring at xmas!!

that's what bisc does. it's when he's in a deep sleep and he twitches aswell, his eyelids and his ears and body, like a little fit (i had a fit when i first saw him do that!)

do you think it could just be that he snores then?

he blows air really loudly out of his nose though and then snores and whistles on the in breath.

forgot to say - bisc's chest is always clear when the vet checks. i'm always sure there's going to be something wrong and i was convinced he had lower respiratory infection but according to the vet he doesn't.

well I cant comment on your bun if hes had snuffles it maybe something different but B does the whole eye twitching,head falling over,"fitting"thing when she is snoring.then she wakes herself up,sighes[oh yes she sighs alot too!]gets herself bedded down again and off she goes again!!Actually ive just remembered my dwarf holly also used to do it cos i remember taking her to the vets cos thought she was fitting!She didn't snore though.

i've recorded two videos of bisc asleep to take to the vets when i next go! he's going to think i'm a nutcase!...which i am...! :lol: but i want him to know exactly what it is.

mind you, one recording has bf watching cricket in the background and you can mainly hear the ball and wickets! and the second i chose to do when the washing machine was on! :lol:

but you can hear bisc quite clearly and it sounds like a person!

do videos upload on here with sound?

i've recorded two videos of bisc asleep to take to the vets when i next go! he's going to think i'm a nutcase!...which i am...! :lol: but i want him to know exactly what it is.

mind you, one recording has bf watching cricket in the background and you can mainly hear the ball and wickets! and the second i chose to do when the washing machine was on! :lol:

but you can hear bisc quite clearly and it sounds like a person!

do videos upload on here with sound?

Easiest thing would be to post a link to it on Youtube- than we can hear it :)

Angel is very vocal when she thinks your not listening im sure shes talking. When shes really excited over food she squeaks! I panicked when first heard this (last year asking on here) but when shes dreaming she sounds like a guinea pig/clangers thing (them things that live on moon) squeking alot. Its weird ive never heard noises like that from rabbit. Shes not in pain just hoppy. Her mouth and nose goes like shes eating carrotts and her legs twitch about then when she wakes up cause where laughing she gives us the 'look' and turns away from us.

my ted grunts at me when i'm putting food in her bowl or try and pet her when she's eating, petal has did the odd grunt when shes cross about you shifting something in her hutch.

Back