• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what does a sleeping bunny look like?

sunnibunny

Alpha Buck
Hi all,
my query is, what does a sleeping rabbit look like? I have tried to see what my bunny looks like during sleep. However he is always awake!! He just has his eyes sometimes half closed and thats it! is that it?
ive tried to sneak on him, on odd hours....but he can tell and so greets me at the pen door! He also stays up later than me and gets up earlier than me!
I dont know if my bunny gets sleep or not?!?! can you get insomniac bunnies? lol! :lol:

I read somewhere that Buns can sometimes sleep with their eyes open - this could be completely wrong and please laugh away at me - i do tend to believe eveything I read!:lol:

I think rabbits can sleep with their eyes open, other times they can be so fast asleep they're layed all flat out they can appear dead, which can be a shock for owners who've never seen their rabbit asleep :lol:

mine looks like this:

bunny001-1.jpg

He also curls up like a cat, or lies on his side, and even fell asleep in my arms once, which was very odd for him.

What fantastic pics Jane!!!
Blue has some kind of 6th sense when it comes to cameras....he seems to know when I'm sneaking up on him and runs away or stops doing whatever it was I thought was cute!!

A sleeping bunny looks scarily like a dead bunny...I think mine try to avoid sleeping around me because I usually poke them to check they are still breathing. :oops::oops:

Awww so cute

Kasper loves to sleep and his side that that he love to flop out to XD

Lol i poke him from time to time just to make sure though:oops:

im sure buns do sleep with their eyes open. I freaked out coz i was watching Fiver when he was huddled up and he started twitching and closing his eyes and dropping his head.. i then realised he was dreaming :oops:

mine sleep sitting up generally in a sort of eygptian cat sphynx pose. You can only tell they are asleep because their eyes are closed & their heads nod.

I read once that rabbits noses stop twitching when they are asleep!! Im pretty sure its true!! Seen Milo do it! :lol:

lovely pics guys. But omg if that was me airymare i think i would of died if i saw my rabbit like that. Bless x

A sleeping bunny looks scarily like a dead bunny...I think mine try to avoid sleeping around me because I usually poke them to check they are still breathing. :oops::oops:

The first time I saw my bunny sleeping I almost cried, as I thought he was dead

My exclamation rudely woke him up

These days, my heart still skips a beat, but I watch for their breathing and just leave them to it

ahaha!! aww!! if i saw Fiver doing that i'd freak out thinking he was having some kind of seizure lol :p

It's so cute that they dream.. i bet they dream about eating the greatest hay ever lol

I always thought bun who sleep w/ their eye open are the ones who don't trust their environment. I got the idea when some of my earlier bridge buns open their eyes as they slept, but as they get used to my house, they slept w/ their eyes closed.

As to my current buns, I never see them sleep, I am guessing they are resting every night when they hop under my bed when I go to bed.

Back