• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are Male or Female Buns More Affectionate?

sonnet

Alpha Buck
Having had two very fussy & affectionate male buns & one very independent 'you can fuss me when I'm in the mood' female :)lol:) over the years, I wondered if my experiences were typical of their sex (one male & the female were neutered - my other male wasn't), or whether it was simply down to them as individuals?
I'd be really interested in other bun owners thoughts & experiences :thumb:

Personally I have always found my bucks more affectionate but it may work similarly to many dogs in that they form a better bond with the opposite sex....so if I was male maybe my does would be more affectionate towards me :lol:

It all depends on the rabbit really but usually bucks are more effectionate to their owners, my two boys love being pampered and the less dominant one is always grooming me and licking my fingers, and the other runs circles around me as if I was his wifey and binkies with me if I start dancing around :lol:

wether it's because I'm female or not I don't know,

None of mine are very affectionate :lol: Out of all of them, Santa (female!) is probably the most affectionate, but I'm not sure how much of that is that she's the smallest so easiest to handle.

my boys are more friendly, sally was until she got her husbun! and charlie (girl) is mean and moody!. my cats are the same my boys are more friendly especially barney when im eating!:lol:

my boys are generally more friendly, even panda in his own little way will let you give him a nose rub before he bites your fingers off :lol::lol: The girls don't really like being touched much although honey gave me a kiss this morning.

Hattie (girl) and Hazel (boy) are both cuddle buns :love: Both so affectionate! I find big breeds of female lop tend to be very affectionate.

Both my boys are very affectionate :love::love: Lottie will have a fuss when she wants to, other times she will have my hand off :lol: Lolly is just a moody so and so who spends most of the time stamping her back feet at me :? She will however go to Dan to be stroked :? xXx

my two boys are streets ahead of the girls as far as affection to their (male) carer is concerned

if I lavish attention on the boys, nose rubs, patting, stroking, talking to them, I can almost guarantee being able to pick them up with absolutely no fuss whatsoever

the boys will frequently come to me if called, but it depends if they have just been let loose in the garden, or if they have been outside for some hours and are now bored and want to play with me

of the 2 girls, neither are what I would describe as lovey dovey to me, bonnie, the newest member to the warren can be moody and will growl, grunt and lunge at me if I intrude into her santuary, although she is getting better (she doesn't do this away from her santuary), and if I invest the same attention on her as I do to the boys, she will mostly let me pick her up without a struggle, but will still leap if she is not in the mood

fifi is the eldest member of the warren, and although she is no longer afraid of me (she may have been abused or neglected by humans in her early days and still has the scars) she is reluctant to be picked up or touched...she will run towards me in a friendly manner, but at the last second turn away and run in the opposite direction. if I catch her, she is happy to be carried and is quite nosey about the sights she can see, but as soon as she is allowed to go, she is off, but no "annoyed" thumping afterwards so I know she doesn't mind it

the girls will often approach me and give me licks on the hand to encourage me to let them out onto the grass or to feed them, but I see through this straight away ;) the boys will approach and lick me just because I am there :love:

Bean is very friendly towards his two dads! :lol:

Truffle is a scardy cat at the moment - but thats her past experience...however, she is coming round to the idea of being petted and kissed! :lol: She can be a bossy madam though to Bean!

I have a 50/50 split! Out of all of my buns, my 4 REALLY overly affectionate ones consist of 2 boys and 2 girls! Rosie my Mini Lop and Timmy my Dutch are both EXTREMELY affectionate....they pester me constantly for nose rubs and attention, and lavish kisses on me. They also binky around me as they follow me around! :love: :love: Daisy the French Lop in my avatar is also VERY affectionate. She loves noserubs and having between her ears scratched, and she loves being groomed. She follows me around too.....but as she weighs well over a stone (1 stone 4 to be exact! :shock:) she doesn't do a lot of binkying! :roll: My other love-bunny is my yellow Dutch boy Archie. He is a real Mummy's boy and attention seeker, too!!! :D

Most of my buns that are affectionate to me are female. The only male bun that is somewhat affectionate to me is my bridge bun Little Happy.

And among all my buns, the most affectionate bun is my bridge bun Happy Bunny, she really loves me, always jump on my bed and lick my face.

I now have 3 males and 2females.
Gizmo (male) LOVES his mummy and doesnt mind a fussy (he hates his dad and attacks him :lol:)
My bonded pair (male/female) couldnt care less about humans just as long as they bring food :roll: although out the two Millie loves a noserub and Thumper runs away!
Skye (male) is a fuss-me-when-I-want-fussed bunny!
And Fudge my baby girl LOVES to be fussed and cuddled and is so affectionate towards me. She does have her moments where she likes to be alone but apart from that she loves attention and being fussed!

I dont think males or females are more affectionate, its all about the bunny but females have more moodswings than anything (but its understandable :lol:)

Of my old rabbits, Dil and Saffron were lovely and affectionate (Male) where as Rosie and Maple were really temperamental little girls - bucking, kicking, grunting, biting etc.....

...but fidget (female) is the friendliest most affectionate bun i have ever had/come across so i think it depends on the bun.

i guess i got the only male bun who hates fuss then :?

Pearl is way more affectionate than Alvin, she would happily sit for hours getting fuss :love::love::love:

Back