• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

would anyone use timothy/rye hay mix

would you use

• yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • no

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

winniebarney

Warren Scout
i am just doing a little research into this as my supplier thought the hay would be better for horses and has not tried it on rabbit people yet!!
pm me for details
thanks
sarah

my timmy hay is 'timmy rich hay' from west wales - so there's all sorts of other grasses mixed in with the timmy grass anyway. The rabbits do prefer the timmy though - this latest batch has been very little timmy hay and lots of other stuff, and they aren't eating as much of it.

hello, does you supplier deliver anywhere near solihull too? I'm always on the look out for good hay.

I use timothy and rye which I buy by the bale - normally about 8 at a time.:oops:

Our bunnies absolutely love it, their poos are amazing and it helps to keep their teeth in excellent order.

Where do you buy it from and how expensive is it? I really need to find somewhere to get cheap yet good quality hay! We buy from Hayexperts and we get the Oxbow Timothy Hay but its blummin £27 or something!

I use timothy and rye which I buy by the bale - normally about 8 at a time.:oops:

Our bunnies absolutely love it, their poos are amazing and it helps to keep their teeth in excellent order.

Sounds like good stuff! Where do you get it from if you don't mind me asking?

Back