• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Odd leg thing....

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
Odd thing happened this morning. I put fidget out in the run and as she moved i noticed she was putting no weight on her back right leg and hobbling quite badly. I picked her up trying not to to touch her leg and saw no obvious signs of a problem. Anyway i ran in the house all panicked and asked my housemate if she would drive us to the vets, she said she would then she came out to have a look at her and all of a sudden she was fine - no problems walking on it or anything.

All the while she was limping she had no problems munching away on the grass so i know it couldn't have been that serious but intrigued as to what it might have been....

... i wondered if she had been stung by a bee/ wasp or something as my dog behaved a similar way when she was stung on her paw...

... any thoughts?

Perhaps she had laid on it akwardly and it had 'gone to sleep' like our legs do if you kneel too long or something like that?

A sting would have caused swelling for a while.

I would watch for a day or two to see if it happens again as there seems to be no problem now.

She might have twisted or landed funny on it when she was playing.
I'd take her and get it seen to just in case, and if the vet thinks its sore she will get some pain relief :)

Phoebe was fine with her leg - just refused to use it and showed very few signs of pain (i suppose its the way prey animals survive- show weakness and you'll picked out as a meal) - when the vet checked it out hers was broken. It is definatley worth a vet check

Back