• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello, new here and to rabbits.

hok9

Young Bun
Hi. i recently got 2 rabbits, Pinky and Chip (chipmunk). I used to have guinea pigs so this wasnt a major jump for me. I joined this message board to get some help. First, i was wondering if anyone could tell me the general bredd of these little guys. Pinky is a white "male", about 6 weeks old, very laid back. the other is orange, slightly younger and very energentic. as soon as i can ill put pictures up.

thank you for any help.

Last edited:
I think i got it

DSC04313.jpg

DSC04314.jpg

DSC04315.jpg

Chip is the orange/brown one and Pinky is the white one.

I am so in love with Chip - how cute!

I can't help you with the breeds (new too I am afraid!).

They are both Gorgeous! Bless x

Thank you, Chip is so crazy right now. He never wants to stay in his cage and is all over the place when i let him out.

I cant belive how tiny they both are! I think it takes a bit of time for them to settle and get used to new surroundings.

Yeah, thats what i keep telling myself. the only time he was ever still is when i get those pics. Pinky is always calm, what he is doing in the pic is what he normally does. He's so relaxed.

Hello and welcome! :wave:

Well done for getting those pictures on - I haven't even tried yet, it hurts my brain to even think of it!

Your bunnies are VERY sweet but I note you say one is "male" I wonder what the other one is? Just want to say be careful and get them both checked by a vet or someone very experienced as otherwise before long 2 will become TOO MANY!!! If they are both male you may have some squabbles breaking out later as they reach sexual maturity 12-16 weeks I believe. I'm sure you will want to get them neutered either way. My 2 were supposed to be girls but luckily I got them double checked and one was really a boy, so just want to say watch out!

What gorgeous bunnys! Chip is just beautiful!! i have no idea about breeds (i'm a newbie too) but they are lovely!! :love:

I know, we are living in japan and there is definatley a language barrier. The guy knew what we were looking for and tried his best to find 2 males but with how young they are it is very hard to tell and i have been checking every four days or so. As soon as I am sure we are making a vet appointment. The vet appointments have to be made a month out so I will be on top of this.

I know, we are living in japan and there is definatley a language barrier. The guy knew what we were looking for and tried his best to find 2 males but with how young they are it is very hard to tell and i have been checking every four days or so. As soon as I am sure we are making a vet appointment. The vet appointments have to be made a month out so I will be on top of this.

Oh dear thats tricky isn't it. You'll find a great thread on here called "sexing buns" I believe, which has very useful pictures. When we were looking for testicles to appear the vet told us to check twice a day and to bear in mind that in cold weather they may be there but retracted. In the end they were there but I hadn't spotted them, I wasn't looking in exactly the right place and I wasn't parting the fur well enough - he was a little wriggler! Luckily I took them back to the vet for a second check to be on the safe side. If one is a girl then please remember that even after the neutering he can still get her pregnant for up to 6 weeks after, so you would need to keep them seperate.

awwww bless .. how did u put ur pics on lol i want to my two on but dont know how to ... the orangey brown one is such a beautiful colour and yeah check them out i had two girls who turned out to be girl and boy lol

Ive always wanted to go to Japan and have been learning the language!!!! Rabbits are very popular in japan, just look on youtube there are lots of japanese with house buns!!

Usagi is japanese for bunny :) my username means rabbit bodyguard, which my partner chose as he thinks its a cool name.

Does your vet speak english?

Absolutely love your buns, that little orange one is very sweet never seen one that colour before! :love:

Lyn x

Welcome! Tooo cute. They are adorable! I'm computer challenged,
so I don't know how to post pictures either, but you got it figured
out right!

Does your vet speak english?
Yes, i am on a military base.
To post pics I just uploaded to photobucket, then copied the IMG path. After that all you have to do is copy on your post

Back