• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sheffielders-VHD.

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Just a quick warning to check your buns VHD vaccines are all up to date as I have been dealing with a bereaved owner by email and have reason to believe her rabbit *may* have died from VHD. I'm hoping not as they still have the deceased bunnies unvaccinated partner.

Poor Bun :cry:

Is she having it confirmed by PM ?

The rabbit has been dead for 3 days now and was buried before she got in touch. She is taking the remaining rabbit to the vets today to be checked over and to ask their advice.

She contacted me about finding a new partner, before I had details of the circumstances surrounding the death, I have now advised her about quarantine measures.

aaaaw poor bun:( I am still astounded at how abusive owners can be on the phone to us when we refuse to accept their pets for boarding without full vaccinations. If there is no known medical reason for them not to be, then maybe they should see and nurse a rabbit with VHD or Myxi and they might understand why it's so important.

aaaaw poor bun:( I am still astounded at how abusive owners can be on the phone to us when we refuse to accept their pets for boarding without full vaccinations. If there is no known medical reason for them not to be, then maybe they should see and nurse a rabbit with VHD or Myxi and they might understand why it's so important.

I know, I keep thinking about my two poorly bunnies and the fact I have had to let their jabs lapse...deep down I know it's not a good idea to have them done at the moment though, their immune systems are under considerable pressure already. :(

Back