• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plastic or Wood

MissNUFC

New Kit
Hi,

I'm planning on getting a new hutch for my rabbit. I've seen a good size plastic ones, but i'm not to sure about using plastic.
Any opinions?

Thanks
Vikki

i personally wouldn't use plastic to be honest. although it's easier to clean i would imagine it would get very hot in the summer.

i would get a wooden hutch and put those self adhesive vinyl tiles on the floor for easy cleaning.

if you could though, a shed/wendy house with attached run would be even better. there's some great pics on here of peoples set ups. :)

when you say good sized plastic do you mean the egloo? If so it is way to small for bunnies they are also not very well insulated so get hot in summer & cold in winter. Unless it is also very good plastic you will find that after a number of years the plastic gets faded & brittle.

I would look at rydale, happy hutch or there are a few others on line that do decent 5/6ft hutch & run combinations which is the sort of size you need & if well maintained should last for years, especially if put on patio over the winter months.

you can line the inside with lino using small wooden strips around any edges (to stop chewing) this is much easier to keep clean.

Back