• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think this may be the day

tracy08

Warren Scout
that molly gives birth. Shes running back and forth busy building again, was even sat there thumping her leg like us women do when we have pain. She has a look in her eyes like ouch. Watch me be wrong lol. If she is then shes 36 days today. I think. Lots of labour vibes Molly xxx

mmmm now shes just sat there looking all sorry for herself. Wish i had x-ray eyes. She is eating very little and was cleaning her self (her bottom bit) but no fur yet just a great big nest.

If she is in labour make sure shes somewhere nice and quiet and just leave her to it, she wont wanna be disturbed
Piper got like that - thumping about and honking - she actually waited till we went out the house to have the babys though :)

Bunnies always give birth at night and they don't eat the day leading up to the night that they give birth

Bunnies always give birth at night and they don't eat the day leading up to the night that they give birth

She hasnt really eaten alot yesterday either. Loads of food left. Just had a nibble today at a piece of carrot.

I think what Snowy was trying to say, the general thing is that rabbits will give birth a night when its quiet :) although like human birth - everybun and thier birth is different!

Millies 2 births were different!
1st was at 6 in the morning and she didnt eat anything in 2 days.
2nd was at 8 at night and she ate LOADS the night before! (both births were unexpected) i got to see 2nd birth and it was amazing!

Good Luck with the new kits, they are amazing to watch and if your like me you will end up with alot of bunnies (i kept 4 babies out of 6 :roll:)

I think what Snowy was trying to say, the general thing is that rabbits will give birth a night when its quiet :) although like human birth - everybun and thier birth is different!

Thank you, yes, it is most natural for a rabbit to give birth at night when it's at the most quiet, they are a prey animal and therefore give birth and hide their young very quickly, if they give birth during the day it is usually because they are so stressed, what I should have said was that by nature rabbits give birth at night, it is a natural instinct for them.

Thanks. Wathc her have a phantom after all this lol.
Although she has now done a well, which is new, Gosh i just hope we dont have any more :roll:

Back