• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this hutch okay for 3 baby bunnys?? xx

ive got my eye on a 6 foot 1!!!! i will get the 6 foot one! but will this be okay for the begining just while the 6foot one arives and for clean out??this is the spare one!?
the spare one
22471_p.jpg

i think it looks nice:D:wave::)

but it doesnt look big enough for your buns looking at there sizes in the pictures now

Last edited:
Have you already bought it?

It doesnt look that big for 3 buns :? If its just for a 'spare' i.e, when cleaning out etc, you could put them in the run instead? Saves buying a hutch then :)

The ramp takes up alot of space by the looks of it, meaning the buns dont have that much overall space :(

Its up to you at the end of the day :) How long will be be before your 6ft hutch arrives? xXx

It's 4ft x 2ft x 2ft on each level so it would be fine as a hutch for 3 small buns. The main thing though is that they need a big run attached to it :)

Way too small for a permanent hutch.

As a homechecker, I would never rehome to this for a small to medium pair of rabbits, so three would be an absolute no no.

As I said in a previous one of your threads, a hutch needs to allow a bunny to perform at least three bunny hops without knocking it's head on the end.

If you haven't already bought this, I wouldn't go ahead. I would just wait to collect your bunnies until your proper accommodation is ready. The bunnies will be happier not to have to keep moving from one place to another.

It's 4ft x 2ft x 2ft on each level so it would be fine as a hutch for 3 small buns. The main thing though is that they need a big run attached to it :)

Totally disagree with you. A large run attached would make it better but it doesn't allow enough space for rabbit to exercise inside the accommodation itself.

Totally disagree with you. A large run attached would make it better but it doesn't allow enough space for rabbit to exercise inside the accommodation itself.
They actually get more exercise from going up and down the ramp than they would from taking three hops in a single storey hutch.

However with a permanent run attached they don't need to get much exercise in the hutch, it just needs to be big enough for them to shelter in comfortably.

I agree with the others (well most ;)) Its not big enough for 3 bunnies. I cant understand why you want to buy a hutch while you wait for a new one? Do you already own this one?

I take it this is the hutch you had previously for the rabbit you lost?:(

Whilst it is considerably smaller than anything I would consider suitable I do feel that this is where your female should stay until all buns are neutered/spayed.

I have read your other threads with great interest and I see you will have two boys and one girl. In my opinion your female rabbit will be far better off in this hutch (on her own) than in a bigger hutch with two boys.

When they have all had their ops and are fully recovered (please wait 6 weeks for the boys to no longer be "fertile"), then you can bond them and provide all of them with the biggest hutch/run combo that you can afford.

I know it is probably very tempting to have a litter out of them but it is a very bad idea, especially with siblings. The only way to avoid it is to keep them apart at all times until the ops are out the way.

By the way, they are very stunning rabbits :love:

Like It Says, im getting a 6foot one?,so that hutch for spare for the girl,no l it wasent of your previouse bunny,i would never do such thing!!!,unless it was proppley cleaned,Is this okay for the girl???Just intill the bunnys recover?? how big is 6ft??? the breeder is giving me the bunnys shed...shes one of my close friends..My Breeder is trainning to be a Vet..shes in collage,so shes giving them to me,becuase she has got LOADS of work to do and she knows how much ii LOVE bunnys!!!,so how big is 6 ft!!!? xxx:D

i think this is all getting a bit confused!

So, you are getting a 6x2x2 with a 6x4 run for the boys to live in now, and the spare one in the picture is for the girl to live in now? then when they are all neutered and recovered, all three will go into the 6x2x2 + run?

If thats the case, then if you add a run i think the spare will be ok for the girl until she is neutered and bonded. but it does need the run as well. I can see both POVs regarding run vs hutch space - some bunnies love to be outside regardless of the weather, whereas some (like mine ;)) wont go out if its wet or cold, so need more indoor hutch/shed space to move around in, especially in English weather! as you cant know beforehand what your bunnies will like in this respect, it is therefore always better to have BOTH the full size hutch and run so that they have that choice.

6 feet = 72 inches = 183 cm = 1m 83 cm
4 feet = 48 inches = 121 cm = 1m 21 cm

If you google "convert measurements" there are websites that will convert lengths fgr free, if you need any more!

Hope that helps

I'm major confused as well and I agree with the Duchess. 4ftx2ft is no where near big enough for 3 bunnies :roll::roll:
Put yourself in the bunnies' position, would you like a huge bungalow or a georgian one roomed-a-floor terraced house?!

Like It Says, im getting a 6foot one?,so that hutch for spare for the girl,no l it wasent of your previouse bunny,i would never do such thing!!!,unless it was proppley cleaned,Is this okay for the girl???Just intill the bunnys recover?? how big is 6ft??? the breeder is giving me the bunnys shed...shes one of my close friends..My Breeder is trainning to be a Vet..shes in collage,so shes giving them to me,becuase she has got LOADS of work to do and she knows how much ii LOVE bunnys!!!,so how big is 6 ft!!!? xxx:D

So from the above... its not for 3 bunnies at all, its for one female while she recovers from neutering?

If thats the case, im sure it would be fine for a short time for one bunny, with an attached run :) However, remember after neutering you will need indoor accomodation as she will need to kept warm :) xXx

Back