• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would i know whos the mum

tracy08

Warren Scout
I have two sisters together and as you may know we have 3 babies. Now what i noticed the day they were born that one rabbit was bleeding. Whats got me worried is i have seperated the sisters, leaving what i know is a mum with the babies. Now some one else has said am i sure they both didnt give birth at the same time? (they were with the malke at the same time, one was also a week later)

Now the one i have taken away has been building a nest. I thought they were due nest week but a friend says that they should of been born this weekend if she is??? Very confusing i know. Time has flown and i have lost track.

Surely i would notice two rabbits bleeding. I checked them to find out where the blood was coming from. Im just worried as i dont know what to do. Now the girls were in the house together snuggling up with each other yesterday. The babies are fat and fine. So i know they are getting fed, but with this comment being made, im panicking incase i have u set another 'mum'.

Should i leave them seperated or put them back together? What would you do? Sorry i sound so daft, but all this having baby stuff was not what i wanted (now they are here i am dealing with it by doing the right thing and got the maLe neutered etc)

I'm a bit confused, but if I understand you correctly - you have two females who, for whatever reason, have been in contact with an unneutered male on more than one occasion. At least one of the females has given birth to 3 babies. You separated the females, leaving the one who had been bleeding with the babies. The babies are doing fine, and now the other female seems to be nesting. Have I understood right?

How long ago were the babies born? Have either of the females been with the male since then? If the babies are being fed, I would be inclined to leave it as it is now, as you have obviously got a mum in with the babies if she is feeding them. The other one may well give birth though if she's also been with the male, so keep a close eye on her too. It may be that she is just having a phantom pregnancy with all the new smells and hormones around, but if she has also been with the male, chances are she is pregnant too.

Do also please remember that the male can still get the females pregnant for a few weeks after neutering, so please don't let him anywhere near them again yet - they can get pregnant straight away after birth. If he has been anywhere near them, keep an eye out as there may well be a second litter appear from a nursing mother.

im glad you understood me its confussing isnt it to read first lol

They havnt been with the male at all for at least three weeks, when, and he was neutered on friday and is in his own cage, i believe its 6 weeks before he can mix with them again. But it will have to be longer because of the babies i guess.

The babies were born 2 weeks friday gone. It has been at least four weeks since they have been with male. But my mind is all a fuzz. I was thinking that it could be a phantom. She did help Perdy build a little but there was none of her fur in the nest. I did notice some the other day, just before i took her out and put her in her own where she settled and went busy building, this was on weds. Still confused, i am lol.

Think im going to have to get her checked out to be sure. I did feel her tum yesterday as she was lying next to me and something hit me back ? But i dont know.

I think gestation period is 32 days, so if she was last with the male 3 weeks ago it's higly possible that she's pregnant. :)

oh great i hope not lol although we have three beautiful babys, i dont know what to do with them, apart from keep them. Will have to wait and see i suppose x

Back