• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advice on spaying please :) (Long Island, NY)

Fab Trixie

New Kit
I have two 4-5 month old female buns. Myself and my fiance do not have too much money and were looking for some place to do it either free (if possible?) or for lower cost. I feel bad about waiting because they are always humping eachother but more recently, one has been dominating the other and bites her back, leaving a hairless/irritated patch. I don't want these rabbs to feel tortured by eachother or uncomfortable any more. I am on Long Island, NY and have not found many good resources for vets specializing in bunni care.

Thanks so much if anyone can offer advice on what to do in the meantime!

RS

If 2 female buns are both in heat, their behaviour can be hormone induced. The other problem is, bunnies over the age 2 w/o spray have a 80% chance of uterus cancer.

But spray surgery is cheap, over here in Canada, it's only $300 per bunnies. In SPCA, they don't really charge for it. When I picked up my SPCA bunnies, the adoption costs is only $40

Back