• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit nearly died!

x_Jade_x

New Kit
when we came back from seeing my cousin i went in the garden and noticed a small dog running up to me, wondering who's he was my dad went round the street asking. my mum noticed the rabbit hutch was open and sam spotted her in the corner of the garden, i thought she was dead because usually she runs away from you but was just layed there right floppy, thankgod she was breathing though obviosly the dog scafred her but i've been comforting her for 3 hours now, she's eating perfectly but is till really floppy when i pick her up, the hutch was fully locked becaue i checked it and have no idea how it opened. i feel so guilty now, we were like 30 seconds away from her having a heart attack

yea i just asked my dad but he said she'd be fine it's because she was scared and her nerves went right weak and that but she's tensing up a bit now, i'm still worried about her though

take her styraight to the vets hun this is an emergency. dogs tend to grab rabbits and rag them around in order to try and break their necks the chances are the dog may have burst a blood vessel or something. i dont mean to scare you but its in dogs' nature and u need to stay on the safe side u cn never be too careful with rabbits xx

If she is floppy she could have a spinal injury. I really do think she should be checked by a vet. A floppy bunny is not normal. :? I do hope she's going to be ok.

Even if the dog has done no physical damage to her, Rabbits can be affected by delayed shock - I think you should get her checked out quickly...

Yep I agree, sorry your dad needs to take you to the vet with the rabbit immediately.

Hope she is okay.

I would say if she is still really floppy three hours after some internal damage has been done :(

Does she not even attempt to move her back legs when you pick her up?

Hopefully by the time you read these you are back from the vets and she is OK, if not I would be inclined to find an emergency vet for pain killers and possibly fluids until she can have an xray in the morning.

Hope she gets better.

Back