• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting thinner

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Well as some of you might know, Eclipse starting drinking lots a while ago. He had blood tests and urine tests but they could find nothing wrong with him. He still eats like a pig and doesnt drink as much anymore, but he seems to look a little on the thin side.. I've tried to weigh him but my scales do not like moving objects. Is there a way to tell if he's under weight by feeling him? I will take him to the vet if I notice him getting worse but for now I dont want to pay £21 to get him weighed.

Well as some of you might know, Eclipse starting drinking lots a while ago. He had blood tests and urine tests but they could find nothing wrong with him. He still eats like a pig and doesnt drink as much anymore, but he seems to look a little on the thin side.. I've tried to weigh him but my scales do not like moving objects. Is there a way to tell if he's under weight by feeling him? I will take him to the vet if I notice him getting worse but for now I dont want to pay £21 to get him weighed.

most vets have a scales in the aiting romo meant for dogs you can wiegh him in the carrier on those scales then take the carrier up later and wiegh that seperatly to determine his weight. x

My vets wont charge just to get them weighed. :?
I rang and asked a while back when i thought pebble had lost weight, they said they wouldnt charge.

I hope he hasnt lost to much wieght xx

My vets dont :(

ring aroudn local ones then to see if one does.... it wouldnt be an issue then? or hold bunny in your arms and stand o nthe bathroom scales.. then weigh yourself adn take away so you left with bunny wight particularly helpful if a digital scales with a kilograms setting. x

Back