• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

East Lothian/Edinburgh Area

maymie

Young Bun
Hi there

Does anyone know of a rescue centre or a breeder/etc that bonds your bunnies for you in the Edinburgh or East Lothian area?

I've been searching on the internet for ages and can't find anything :(

Thanks! :wave:

Thanks for your reply!

Do you know where abouts in Fife? I stay in East Lothian and Fife is a good hour away in the car - i would make the trip if I thought it wouldnt stress out
the bunnies too much but that is a long time

Hi

Thanks I didnt think of that - I have sent them an email.

I am struggling to bond my bunnies myself bacuse I think I am too attached to them and probs separtate them when I should let them get on with it. There has been 1 fairly serious fight with them and I am just scared incase they hurt each other if I dont step in.

I thought it would be best and less stressful for the bunnies (also completely neutral territory) if I can get someone else to do it.

Any suggestions are much appreciated and I will let everyone know if I find someone in the area that does this for information

Thanks again :D

I'm in East Lothian :wave:. Our local rabbit rescue lady doesn't believe that buns should be kept together - near to each other so they can see each other but not together :cry:. If you find anyone else who does bonding in our area let me know :D

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply!

Do you know where abouts in Fife? I stay in East Lothian and Fife is a good hour away in the car - i would make the trip if I thought it wouldnt stress out
the bunnies too much but that is a long time

An hour or so should be fine for the bunnies. One of my buns Sasha travelled a good 6 hours or so to get to us and she was perfectly fine :)
You could probably even use it to your advantage - if you put them both in the pet carrier together they will huddle into each other for comfort and shouldnt fight at all as the space is so small

I am worried about putting them into a pet carrier - what if hey fight, or is this impossible beacuse of the small space?

The only rescue/re-home place I was aware of was Bunny Haven in Dunbar, is she the lady that doesnt think buns hould be housed together. I have contacted her but had no reply.

Does anyone know if breeders do this for you (obv at cost) as they must have to bond buns to breed them?

Thanks again everyone - will keep people posted on my findings :)

They wouldnt fight in a pet carrier, this actually sometimes bonds them, i would suggest phoning Kareen from fife, she may be able to give you advice over the phone or welcome you to hers and bond them, Kareen bonded all my rabbits for me. She would bond them and then taking them home in the pet carrier will help as they will be in contact etc should give it a try xx

Back