• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need advice about 16 day old babies

tracy08

Warren Scout
i have babies that were born 2 weeks ago friday gone as you may know. We have three two blue and one black. Now they were opening their eyes the other day and the two blue ones have theirs wide open now, but the black ones eyes have closed right shut. I have tried this morning to wipe with warm water, but too scared to do harm. Has any one got any advice, i have read that if they are not open by the 16th day then they can be blind for ever. What to do? Should i try to open them. ?

Sometimes an eye infection can stop them opening their eyes. If the eyes look gooey or crusty, then take them to a vet because they may need treatment. Don't pull the eyelids apart.

thanks ive given them a wipe, thats all i did with cooled down boiled water. They did look crusty but i havnt pulled them apart was too scared too, seems to of worked though 'it' opened its eyes, seems thats all it took was a few more wipes. Will bath it again laer to make sure though. If it continues i iwll take it to the vet. Thanks guys x

Back