• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re-introducing bonded bunnies separated for 24 hours ... advice please!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I'm anticipating collecting Rudy at about 11 (no confirmation yet but have to plan what to do if I am collecting him).

He's been at the vets with stasis/bloat and his wifebun Tinks has been at home. They are devoted to each other and have been bonded since October, never separated before.

Would I be taking a risk just putting him back in their pen?
Shoud I take her the 40 min (80 min round trip) to the vets to collect him? Put her somewhere else while I collect him and put them both back in their pen at the same time?
Put them both in the kitchen (neutral) when he gets home, for a little while?

I'm new to bonded bunnies so haven't had to do this before. I don't have any doubts about their bond, I just want to get things right.

Any advice would be appreciated.

5 minutes after being reunited: (nothing to worry about then!!) :love::love::love:

PICT3029.jpg

:love::love::love::love::love: i remeber being worried about pearl attacking alvin when he came home... instead she spent the first hour grooming every inch of his body :love::love::love:

wish i could do loved up like bunnies do :oops:

Yeah I remember having my old doe at the vets and giving her back to Fluffs and he just kissed her for ages. Its so sweet. :love: Pleased it went well for you too.

Back