• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's the difference

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Between humming and buzzing?

Do males do one and females do the other or do they both do both?

And exactely what is humming or buzzing?

:shock::lol:

Cloud sometimes makes a humming sound when he is hopping around me, it sound like "hmmm", and is in the same rhythm as his hops. But at other times he makes a different sound, he makes that sound when I come to see him and he stands up and says hi to me. That sound is probably more like a buzzing, it sounds as if he presses the air out of his nose and ears, something like "bffffzffffbbfffffffffftt". Similar to a human **** really. :lol:

I think the exact noise depends on the individual rabbit. Some buzz, some hum and some honk!

I've heard un-neutered bucks and does make the noise, and also neutered bucks, but I've never heard a spayed doe do it.

IME it isn't necessarily a sexual thing, some buns will buzz/hum/honk for food.

I think both of these sorts of noises are done in an affectionate manner, whether it is to say your male bun loves you as he runs circles around your feet, or whether it is to demand dinner 'cos you are not getting it there quick enough.
My buns do it to each other sometimes in a 'get out of the way, your standing between me and my food' type of thing....

Back