• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Long Can You Leave 2 Brother & Sister Bunnys Alone? x

i have got school juring the day, i dont want to leave my bunnys,next door on both sides has cats and dogs,some times,well always, my mum used to bring in my old bunny,to hop around in the house,and put him in the run in the summer,while she used to go and sit on the pattio next to it,the run on the nice grass,is it okay for it to be on grass?, my mums got work now, so my bunnys will be alone for along time,but with alot of room,is it okay?,as soon as i get home i would bring them out,and play with them!:D x

I am sure that will be fine if their hutch is large enough.You can get a hutch with attached run:D

Mine love tunnels and things to chew so they don,t get bored,even toilet roll tubes stuffed with hay and the odd treat keeps them amused.

If you get your babies at ten weeks old then they really need to be kept seperate from day one. It really worries me that you are taking on two of opposite sex at the same time, it's a recipe for disaster to be honest :-(

Is it not possible to take on two of the same sex from your friend...

Also, just a tip, if you are taking on lionheads (I have noticed there are tons of people breeding them up our way) then you must get them used to being groomed as soon as you get them. If they are very fluffy you will need to groom them daily to prevent their fur from matting, as it is very important they are clean and tidy when living outside.

Good luck with your bunnies, you sound very excited and enthusiastic which is wonderful! :)

Thank you x
but they are brothers and sisters and lived together all there life,the breeder lives on a farm and is used to breeding, and 1 of them has been neuted (the boy) and the other 2 will be seporated untill they are neuted, can you reunite them after a few days-weeks? x

Thank you x
but they are brothers and sisters and lived together all there life,

im not all that experienced so prob not the best to give advice... but what you have said doesnt matter as they are only young (going on your previous post saying 10 weeks) and they physically couldnt have babies before then, they are too young... but at 10 weeks they can have and WILL have babies, doesnt matter if they are family, they are animals whose instinct is to stay alive by having as many babies as possible... they need you to help keep them safe and healthy by keeping them apart to stop the girl getting pregnant... it could mean disaster for your girl if she got pregnant this young.

if you really love bunnies, then please please seriously think of getting two the same sex or keeping these two seperate until they have both been neutured (which for the girl wont be until about 5 or 6 months old)

If they have been seperated for long time they will need watched very carefully and rebonded as they will smell funny to each other and may try and fight, which if bad could really hurt each other or even worse.
So you need to be prepared that ou may need another hutch if they dont get on!

weve got a spare hutch, i got it for christmas for my old bunny but he died its stored in the garden shed by its self,so i have had a talk with my mam and she said it will be fine to seporate them and reunite them,but just incase they fight, we have that hutch, can they share the same run? x

They can't share any area or be anywhere near each other until both are neutered. Please consider getting two girls as it'll be so much easier for you, and you won't have to separate them and worry about bonding them later. Bonding them doesn't always work so you may end up with two single bunnies in the end. :(

what dose bonding meen again?? xx and i carnt, weve bought them, but they are easter prezies so we have asked them to keep them till easter xxx after they are neuted can they share room then? xx

You have to bond them for them to be happy to share a space together. Bonding can be very tricky. Look through bonding threads on here, you'll find lots of advice. Separate them as soon as you get them.

Back