• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am i crazy or....

kate_s

Warren Scout
do other people also have buns that free range 24/7? We've just finally took down Reggies Nic pen from the living room so he is now free range all the time, he keeps looking at us like were crazy :lol::lol::lol:
Just wondered if Reggies in good company or is he spoilt?

do other people also have buns that free range 24/7? We've just finally took down Reggies Nic pen from the living room so he is now free range all the time, he keeps looking at us like were crazy :lol::lol::lol:
Just wondered if Reggies in good company or is he spoilt?

:D i have our two free range in our room and on the landing and access to 3 rooms.
x

mine are free range in the garden but they have to go in shed at night time in the winter and a run in the Summer as I dont want charlie snide to eat them.Well done for letting your bunny be free:wave::wave::wave:

Ronnie, our conti, is free range 24/7 :) Hes shut in the hallway and kitchen when we are out... and when we are in he has access to the whole house :) He does get upto mischief every single day of his life :lol: Hes currently asleep on our bed :roll: xXx

EDT: the only thing i will add is Ronnie has a dog crate in the lounge, and also an indoor bunny cage which he has his litter tray, food, hay rack, toys etc in... he does spend alot of time in there but is never shut in... its just a place to call his own :) xXx

No you're not crazy! Noah is our only completely free range bunny - but I wouldn't have it any other way. He follows me round like a little dog & sleeps between me & my hubby at night :shock: Quite often he wakes me up by giving me bunny kisses on my nose :D:love::love::love:

not crazy

:wave:
i got Barnsley only two weeks ago and he now has free run of the living room. i created a fantastic nic set up for him but on day one he barged his way out and claimed the room as his own!!

i've since reduced the size of his nic home as he only goes in to eat and use the litter tray!

the room has been "bunny proofed" but he still likes to dig and chew at the carpet, but in the last few days he's not been so bad.

a free range bun is a happy bun!

Interestingly we let Deej free rage 24/7 for about the last week, and he started getting very clingy and attention seeking, so we decided to put him back in his cage at night (for the last few days) like we always used to and he's been much happier!

I guess he feels more secure or something, which is weird as obviously he can (and does) go in there whenever he wants! Also he hasn't chewed the bars at all since being put back in at bedtime so he definitely is happy at being in his cage and just nomming his hay! :roll::lol:

Thanks guys at least i know i'm not alone maybe were all crazy :lol::lol: Reggie loves it he has a base in the living room and his own bedroom i think if he had it his way he would also sleep on our bed:roll: (buunyaddict you are brave)We have no kids or pets so he's one truly spoilt bun just needs a wife now and that i'm still working on ;)

I think it's nice to have them free range once you've bunny-proofed everything! But I can't promise you're not crazy, sorry :lol:

Honey is free range in my room. She doesn't have a crate any more as she used to jump on top of it and try to get on Wesley's I was worried she would hurt herself. She usually sleeps on my bed at night.

my have the space of the living room when i bring them in, we did let them in the kitchen but they insisted on going in silly places where we couldnt get them out :lol: xxx

B is free range all the time but loves sleeping in her cage but the door is only ever closed when i hoover as she hates the hoover.

Back