• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rudy is ill !! Back home and begging for treats :)

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I'm about to rush Rudy to the vets. He's refusing food and facing the corner, shuffling and uncomfortable. He was fine a couple of hours ago.

I can't believe it I'm distraught!

He is prone to stomach upsets so I'm trying not to panic.

Last edited:
Hope he gets better soon. My girl has been off her food today and I know how worrying it is:( Lots of vibes for Rudy.

Thanks everybody.

He's being kept in for x-rays and observations. He'll hate being separated from Tinks but it was said to be the lesser of two evils. (It was Mr FHB who saw him, FHB is poorly at the mo - I probably gave her flu 2 weeks ago :shock: :oops:)

Tinks seems reasonably happy at the mo, but poor Rudy:cry::cry::cry:

He didn't seem in agony when I left him but he always looks panic stricken at the vets so it will be difficult for them to tell if he's ill or normal.

Hopefully it's nothing serious, though his routines have been as normal so God only knows!

All I can do now is wait .......

Well, the vet said to ring between 6 and 7 pm if they haven't rung first. No news so far so I'm optimistic that means the X-ray and other tests haven't shown anything too scary.

Since coming home I've offered Tinks some kale and she refused it but I then noticed it's 3 days past it's best before, it smells strongly thought doesn't look manky. I have a strong theory that Rudy ate some of this kale this morning and it's done some fermenting in his stomach :? The vet said he didn't think it was food related but I do wonder if this is a clue :? I hope my poor boy is starting to feel better, he looked so unhappy. I feel sick thinking I might have made him poorly :cry::cry:

I've just spoken to Mr H-Brown and he says that Rudy is quite bright, has shown interest in dandelions, has taken a syringe feed well and has trashed his cage :shock::shock:

His "Auntie Frances" has had a look at him and feels he's doing well and isn't greaty worried about him.

Xrays showed stomach 2\3 full, a little gas, nothing too alarming.

All sounds quite positive.

I have to ring at 10:30 am and *hopefully* I can fetch him, if they are at all concerned then he'll stay longer. He's had a couple of bouts like this before though so I'm optimistic he'll be home tomorrow, because previously about 6 - 8 hours later and he's been okay. I'm worrying he will sulk without Tinks but they are confident that they'll know the different between ill and pining, so I just need to stop panicking!!

I'm kind of relaxing a bit but I just want the little bun home!

I'm glad that it sounds positive about Rudy, poor little poppet - hope he doesn't sulk too much without his beloved Tinks. Sending him lots more vibes & hoping he will be home tomorrow xxx

I'm so glad Rudy is doing well and aren't you lucky to have Mrs Harcourt-Brown as your vet.I wanted to see her the year before last but she was a seven hour drive from me and I didnt think it was fare to take my bunny all that way.Sending speedy recovery vibes Rudys way

Back