• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Baileys eating...U/D

Mazda

Warren Veteran
Im quite worried about his eating. He eats museli fine. He wont touch the pellets.! Ive tried everything, a hay and veg diet for a few days, then slowly intorducing the pellets, he wont eat them. Giveing him a tiny bit of museli and lots of pellets. Not touching them. Madmoo said he was eating them at hers, but ive never seen hime at them here. I try to hand feed him them and he runs away.!!! :roll: He didnt eat excel and Madmoos either.

Isnt SS expensive?
What other pellets can i try?
Im thinking of emailing companies to see if they have free samples.

Im getting worried that hes gonna be on museli then pebble on pellets, how can i feed them when they are bonded if he has to have museli down 24/7, cause i dont want pebble to eat it.

ahhh! I dunno what to do! :(

Last edited:
It's a tricky one! Could you stick to the hay/veg only and just keep offering pellets? i believe they can do fine on just hay and veg if the right things are given. I would def try other types of pellets too. What a naughty boy! :lol:

it is :(

How would i word an email and not sound cheeky :oops: Cause i cant afford to buy bags of food, that if they dont like... to go to waste.

Allen and page are very economical price wise. You do need to buy a big bag usually but, you might be able to find a place where you can buy them broken up.

I wouldnt worry about it, I'd just give him hay & veg for a while - Maybe a week or slightly longer? Then introduce pellets. SS definately isnt expensive, and its a good food :D He just isnt used to it, Dont stress he'll get used to it XX

If you buy anything else and they dont like it then your stuck with it like you said. I agree i would Just see how they go xxx

Science Selective isn't very expensive when you've only got two bunnies to feed - they only need a very small amount so a bag will last you a while. You'll need to be cruel to be kind and cut out the meusli completely, when he's hungry he will eat! Lots of people stick to a hay and veg only diet anyway. If you're concerned, you could add a vitamin supplement to the water for a few days to make sure he's getting all the vitamins and minerals he needs but a selection of varied veg and his hay should give him everything he needs - and ensure he has some time out in daylight to get his vitamin D requirements. Then after a week or so you can slowly introduce pellets.

Thats really kind of you, but i think its to expensive. Sometimes mum has to pay for food, and she wouldnt pay for it. :?

I was thinking mabye A&P?
i found a 500g bag here, for a pound. Mabye i could get that just to try it?
http://www.bunnybazaar.com/more/on/details/AP500

I will send you some A & P Mai if you pm me your address. Its fairly cheap, I pay about £6 for a 20kg bag which is huge and lasts ages!

Although if he wont eat Excel then I doubt he would eat A&P as my pair much prefere the excel. Worth a try though!

Keep at it Mai. I had alot of trouble getting my 2 indoors on to pellets! They spit the dummy majorly at me everytime ive tried, its just a case of finding a pellet he likes!
My indoors HATE the wagg pellets but have taken a liking to the Excel pellets :love: Personally I found the only way to stop them refusing pellets was to stop all the veggies and treats!
The same as other posters have said, if hes hungry hell sharp scoff the pellets up! :)
I have some Wagg pellets you can try if you want some sent to you? Mine liked them at first but went off them :lol:
xxx

Pebble is on P@H nuggets, and goes mad for them!

So shall i just cut out the museli all together? i did that for a few days and he wouldnt touch the pellets, just the hay, and veg.

So shall i not give him veg? just hay and vitamin thing in his water?

thanks rachie_j and Phoebesmummy9 thats really kind of you x x

Pebble is on P@H nuggets, and goes mad for them!

So shall i just cut out the museli all together? i did that for a few days and he wouldnt touch the pellets, just the hay, and veg.

So shall i not give him veg? just hay and vitamin thing in his water?

thanks rachie_j and Phoebesmummy9 thats really kind of you x x

Give him veg too, it'll give him a selection of vitamins he'll need. Offer veg in the evening and pellets in the morning or something like that though

u/d

:roll:

after i tell all you nice people what a naughty boy he is... he eats alll the pellets that are in his hutch!! :D and i checked, they arent hidden :D xx

Back